The super geeky, post your desktop thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the gaming laptop:

2889356997_125a5721af.jpg

Watcha game? Ahh nvrmind. I see teh Wow in the corner. I should hook you up with my team. They are all into that stuff.

how do you post the image of the screen. Are you saving an image and attaching it, or is there a simpler way?

how do you post the image of the screen. Are you saving an image and attaching it, or is there a simpler way?

In Linux Print Screen automatically saves to the desktop, in Windows I put it into photoshop. After that I upload to flickr and just post the image link here.

Is that a Ubuntu (gnome) with a mac style task bar? Either wai its a nice looking theme.

the task bar hes got is awn, i use it and it rocks (aside from the occasional buggy crash, but it restarts fine so....)

Not sure where this picture came from, but it's a nice fit for my brewery name.
(Hope I don't get sued for using it ;))

Desktop2.jpg

desktop1.jpg

I have a few dozen wallpapers though, so that just happens to be the one this hour.

ETA:
I love Interfacelift for wallpaper pics!

which server for wow? i've got the inner geek thing going too. i won't post pics of my starwars toys....:drunk:

greyhavens.jpg

Linux, running Xfce and Compiz Fusion.

Desktop:

Switching virtual desktops:

Just to show off:

(click for larger versions)

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

A few co-workers here have some pretty weird desktops on their computer... so I got to thinking, what does everyone else's look like?

I found out that we have a few closet Lord of the Rings fans and I aslo was shocked to see that a co-worker of mine is really into collecting art...

Anyway, figured I'll start with mine:

Screenshot.jpg

Linux Ubuntu, Blue Hardy Heron Background (even thought I'm running Intrepid)
Running a Linux app for the little "MAC-like" icons on the bottom of the screen
Running some weather applets (Vista-like gadgets)

Currently, this is my desktop background. I'd take a screen shot, but I have a brazillion icons on there right now. I'd prefer this one (possibly NSFW), but it's tricky to explain on a work laptop. Plus it's kind of distracting.

Does anybody know how to make a synamic background? From a quick google it looks like in XP you can direct to a html file containing a programed flash object.

Is there an easier way?

desktop.gif

This is on my MacBook.... My work desktop is much swankier... and more cluttered. That's what 24" widescreen's do, I guess. :p

This is my work one...The image is Spain in the last world cup.

desktop3.jpg

I don't have a backdrop on my home one, and it is wall to wall with icons...I tend to like to see everything rather than buried in folders in my documents.

Mine is from the game Fallout 3

It was an Opeth logo for the longest time. I just recent changed it.

It looks messy, but there is a method to my madness haha.

Untitled-6.jpg

I just reinstalled my OS today (first xp install in almost 2 years) so I figured I would bump this thread with some minimalistic eye candy.

desktop.jpg

desktop2.jpg

How's objectdock treating you? I bought it a few years ago and when it worked it was killer, but was pretty unstable. Have they worked the kinks out?

I had Arch64 Linux for awhile, then my HDD died. I have Fedora 10 installed but I never use it. I have to have my Adobe programs. I have not had a single problem with Vista 32bit or 64bit. It's been great for me. I will never understand how people have issues with it.

desktop030.jpg

Back