The super geeky, post your desktop thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe how many folks are posting up from the linux world. I guess part of it is that geeks are more inclined to screenshot their desktop for a geeky thread.... but it also makes me wonder if linux isn't bigger than I give it credit for.

Kubuntu/Mint dual-booter here..... Haven't used windows on a personal computer in years, but will be building a water-cooled vista desktop soon to do some basic website design stuff...

How's objectdock treating you? I bought it a few years ago and when it worked it was killer, but was pretty unstable. Have they worked the kinks out?

I have only had it for about 24 hours, but it hasn't crashed yet (this is the free version fwiw)

I had Arch64 Linux for awhile, then my HDD died. I have Fedora 10 installed but I never use it. I have to have my Adobe programs. I have not had a single problem with Vista 32bit or 64bit. It's been great for me. I will never understand how people have issues with it.

*snip* HUGE IMAGE *snip*

IME most of vista's issues stem from hardware compatibility problems. If you are running on recent hardware, you shouldn't have any problems.

here's my current, but i'm about to change it. getting tired of this one, but it still gives me a chuckle.
BrewWallpaperSmall.jpg

SevenSeas445Large.jpg

It's a picture I took from the desk in my office. Yes my office is under 1 million gallons of water and has the best views in the world. Being a marine mammal trainer has its privileges.

Back