The super geeky, post your desktop thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenchiro

Reaction score
It is always interesting to see what other people are flying for their desktops.

(Click for the ful size version)

My very cluttered work desktop, featuring a photo HWMO took of one of the canal locks along the C&O canal trail near DC.

desktop2.bmp

I love the black glossy GTK theme but dark themes suck on a mostly white internet IMO, so I avoid them like the plague.

I LOVE vector wallpaper! The more minimal, the better.

My home desktop (with The Widget Factory open to show off the GTK theme):

I'll post my work screenshot later, just cause I can. :)

I love the black glossy GTK theme but dark themes suck on a mostly white internet IMO, so I avoid them like the plague.

I LOVE vector wallpaper! The more minimal, the better.

Generally I surf in full screen mode, mostly because my laptop only supports 1280x800 and there just isn't enough room otherwise. So the mostly black theme doesn't distract so much.

desktop.jpg

That is my work screen, I have no idea what the one at home is since the wife is constantly changing it.

At work. It takes a pic of my dual-monitor dtop, and both monitors have different max res, hence the black area up there. The pic is of Sancerre, France.
dtop.jpg

I thought about posting mine mid rotation, I love Compiz.

I like it because I'm usually logged into at least three different systems (kubuntu desktop, XP laptop, CentOS cluster), so I can arrange screens from each system on separate faces. I also set up the gestures so that a move to the top-right corner tiles all my open screens, so I can switch back and forth quickly, without having to rotate the cube all the time.

While I'm not a huge believer in eye candy, Compiz has made me more productive.

I'll be the first MAC OS X desktop. Click for the full size screenshot.

This is my Macbook Pro (portable desktop, I use this the most)

MY work desktop, Only use this for Windows stuff.

I like it because I'm usually logged into at least three different systems (kubuntu desktop, XP laptop, CentOS cluster), so I can arrange screens from each system on separate faces. I also set up the gestures so that a move to the top-right corner tiles all my open screens, so I can switch back and forth quickly, without having to rotate the cube all the time.

While I'm not a huge believer in eye candy, Compiz has made me more productive.

Cool, since my laptop is just used for surfing and stuff. I mainly just like to spin it around and giggle like a schoolgirl. I actually installed an OSX style task switcher for doing most of the multi desktop navigation though.

This is my work desktop. It's awesome, this wallpaper is the new Debian default theme. :p I've got Murrine on here. You can see that I've got a mounted Mac OS X partition... This is a Debian Linux/ Mac OS X 10.5 dual boot built on commodity hardware (which is to say, not a Mac!)

I should probably tweak it. I love making themes, but it sometimes becomes tedious and sometimes I'll just let it sit default for a few months. :)

Mine's blue, with both LCDs filled with icons. Everyone of my friends is amazed when they see it... "Dude! What happened to your wallpaper?" :p

My desktop is a dumping ground.

Back