Nukatap Mini wall mount installation and leaking.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweets17

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread to determine and track either what I did wrong or what is wrong. Hopefully helping others in the future to not do what I did or find a solution.

Can reference this post for context.

I was installing endless soda water through a mini nukatap and issues arose where it leaked, a lot. Woke up to floating kegs and a mess throughout the house. I'm attempting to remain high spirited but there is water everywhere.

I believe the issue is the locking collar on the mini faucet mount. When installed the collar sits flush with the mount. However, flush is the pushed in or released position of the collar causing the tubing to just remove itself overtime.

The solution I came up with was drilling a larger clearance hole than is instructed that would not only accept the 8mm tubing but also the larger diameter of the locking collar. I drilled a 7/8" hole just to be sure and pulled the absolute piss on it to make sure it was seated.

You can sort of see how the collar sits flush with the mount while in it's relaxed/released position. It must extend beyond the mount to actually engage, but the small size of the hole keeps it from doing so.

20240108_180953.jpg

Am I just missing something obvious here? If you've any experience with these please chime in.

Drill a slightly bigger hole, at least enough to accommodate the locking ring; cut tube with recommended tool, to get a clean, perpendicular cut; push tube in all the way, to get a proper seal; fit a licking clip; test before using.

Drill a slightly bigger hole, at least enough to accommodate the locking ring; cut tube with recommended tool, to get a clean, perpendicular cut; push tube in all the way, to get a proper seal; fit a licking clip; test before using.
Yes this appears to be the proper solution to bad instruction and a failure to test final assembly.

To be honest, when I first saw these advertised, I did imagine something similar. I'd drill the first hole for the tube then go in again from the face side with a wider drill bit just far enough to avoid any potential issues. Other than that, they look like a very practical and simplified option. I'd like to see a similar design to replace standard tap shanks.

To be honest, when I first saw these advertised, I did imagine something similar. I'd drill the first hole for the tube then go in again from the face side with a wider drill bit just far enough to avoid any potential issues. Other than that, they look like a very practical and simplified option. I'd like to see a similar design to replace standard tap shanks.
Yes I agree, easy to install and zero rotation. I wouldn't risk a counter bore personally, but I've also failed to use any locking clips.

I'm sure I won't be the only one who faces this issue. I installed it correctly to the instruction on keglands website and by Kee's direction in their video, by drilling an 8mm or 5/16" hole to accept the tubing.

I did however fail to pull test after installing the tap in it's mount. A big irritating oops no doubt.

Back