The Stasis - A glycol system designed for homebrewers - Pre-Order now for $599

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sent an email stating that Kickstarter orders would be shipped first, followed by pre-orders, but that all orders should ship within the same week.

Maybe i am misreading the ad copy, but on their website they state: "Lowest set temperature 36°F"
I assume this to mean the glycol set point is 36. If that is the case, then the beer will most likely only get to 40 or so- mostly good enough for most people.
I agree that the size (and maybe quiter noise?) Is the best benefit.
The chiller maintains the glycol mix at 30degrees. The lowest set point for your fermenter is 36 degrees.

Maybe i am misreading the ad copy, but on their website they state: "Lowest set temperature 36°F"
I assume this to mean the glycol set point is 36. If that is the case, then the beer will most likely only get to 40 or so- mostly good enough for most people.
I agree that the size (and maybe quiter noise?) Is the best benefit.

^^^that

Not only the initial 'early adopter' price of $599 but the profile of the Stasis initially caught my eye. I haven't yet, and don't really see in the future, a need for multiple crash capability, though I sometimes use two fermenters under "chill" conditions. In the end what swayed me away from Stasis were the uncertain timeline, the unproven track record of the unit, the smaller capacity of the unit to chill overall, and specifically the small volume of glycol in the tank (though some might consider this a plus since it reduces the unit's size and footprint). I hope the unit turns out to be worry-free for those who ordered it, and meets up to their needs and expectations.

Brooo Brother

The chiller maintains the glycol mix at 30degrees. The lowest set point for your fermenter is 36 degrees.
Good to know for all. That seems fine to crash a 5 or 10 gallon unit.
Just curious.. where did you pull that data from? I spent a while 15 seconds on their website and only found what i posted (as i mentioned above, IWWIWWIWI !!!!)

Good to know for all. That seems fine to crash a 5 or 10 gallon unit.
Just curious.. where did you pull that data from? I spent a while 15 seconds on their website and only found what i posted (as i mentioned above, IWWIWWIWI !!!!)
It was on the video at 1:50, on their website. I think the stasis glycol reservoir is automatically chilled to 30, then the setting to maintain your fermenter temp is a lowest setting of 36.

Funny, have had my eye on the Stasis for a while. Got a nice little bonus check and almost pulled the trigger because the site shows that it is currently available. Decided to check for some reviews and found this thread only to find out that those original kickstarter supporters haven't even received their units yet.

Not a good look. That really diminishes my hopes that they will put out a quality product.

Funny, have had my eye on the Stasis for a while. Got a nice little bonus check and almost pulled the trigger because the site shows that it is currently available. Decided to check for some reviews and found this thread only to find out that those original kickstarter supporters haven't even received their units yet.

Not a good look. That really diminishes my hopes that they will put out a quality product.

Eh. I haven't been part of a kickstarter that delivered on time yet. Honestly, it's part of what I expect from that model - the creators almost never have experience with the exact product they're looking to create (and in a lot of cases, the product isn't near existing yet).

That said - in this specific case I know they were showing it as "preorder" as of last week, so I think they just let their excitement get slightly ahead of them. They supposedly got the first units produced just this past Monday so I'm not shocked they're a bit behind on processing things. Still - if you haven't ordered yet I'd wait for another few weeks until people start getting their units and put them through their paces.

We got notified that they recieved the first container and will be shipping a soon as they get unpacked and checked out.

upload_2020-3-14_10-34-47.png

We just got notice they are shipping

Are you talking about the “We’ve got COOL news” post left on Kickstarter on Friday? Lord, it frustrates me how they fail to communicate. VERY occasionally, they email. More frequently, they add a comment to the Kickstarter campaign, but sometimes (like this last one), they restrict it to backers only. Since I am a pre-order customer, I cannot read it! Pisses me off.

My impression was that they would ship all pre-ordered units last week, starting with the Kickstarter backers, but I’m not at all sure that they shipped even a single unit. Did they receive enough units to fill all existing prepaid orders? I’m assuming so, but that photo doesn’t look like a huge supply. Of course, it may only be a portion of them.

Frustration is getting the better of me as my patience is just about exhausted.

Yeah, they seem to be very spotty on their communication in reference to stock / shipping etc. Last email I received was the one stating that they’d be receiving the container in Tampa, then within a couple days stock would be in Orlando and shipping of units would commence...email was sent on the 5th of March, with the container arrival (to Orlando) being the 9th of March.

I'm predicted another brewie Kickstarter episode all over again. Time will Tell. Cheers

Just got my tracking number. Shipped.

Comes tommorow, (wed) 3-18-20

Last edited:
Just moved to Brooklyn in July and sold my mini fridge that I used for temp control.. needless to say I've done minimal brewing and it's driving me nuts. Been patiently waiting for my stasis and I'm running out of it! I pre-ordered it (wasn't a backer) and have yet to receive any communication as to when the pre-order folks can expect it to ship.

Just moved to Brooklyn in July and sold my mini fridge that I used for temp control.. needless to say I've done minimal brewing and it's driving me nuts. Been patiently waiting for my stasis and I'm running out of it! I pre-ordered it (wasn't a backer) and have yet to receive any communication as to when the pre-order folks can expect it to ship.

They are a good company. Bought stuff from them for 3 years. Always treated me great

Sorry late to the party on this thread. Just got my tracking number. I was a backer on Kickstarter though.

I found their communication pretty solid. But I am also a backer of the coolest cooler and after 6yrs I’m getting $20 of my invested $240 back in the next 3 months so I guess I’m fairly patient.

I’d hate to dog a company that’s only a couple months late on an entirely new venture for their business.

Now if the product stinks that’s an entirely different conversation. Patience peeps!

Just looking it over... it's flawless. Perfect finish... no scratches. Nice looking unit.

Still waiting for the accessories I ordered. Got 2 5 gal batches to brew. Got the Spike Flex fermenters with the coil. Now where do the themocouples go

Just looking it over... it's flawless. Perfect finish... no scratches. Nice looking unit.

Still waiting for the accessories I ordered. Got 2 5 gal batches to brew. Got the Spike Flex fermenters with the coil. Now where do the themocouples go
There's a port up and to the left of the port for the valve. You can also stick it on the outside of the Flex with plumber's putty, but I like the thermowell.
Screenshot_20200319-224420.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-224639.jpg

Has anyone with a pre-order and not a Kickstarter order received a tracking number for fulfillment yet?
Mine was a pre-order from Sept 27. I just got my shipping notification this afternoon! Woohoo! I have a packet of WLP833 German Bock yeast from Ayinger waiting for it!
JPEG_20200320_151241_1703677544047497391.jpg

I have Spike's cooling coil and tubing.How does the Spike insulated tubing connect to the Stasis? I can't tell it it's simple barbed connection or threaded on the Stasis. Will I need anything else, like flared connectors?

Latest posts

Back