the perfect temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
wasnt sure what area to post this in so here goes. i just got a Beer fridge for 50 bucks the wife found it on some yard sale site. its working perfect my question is what is the perfect temp for storing beer in a fridge. prolly a dumb question but i got a digital thermometer sitting in there to check to make sure it was working so figured hell why not see if some one has a perfect temp and i'll dial it in. pics to follow once i get all my beer loaded in. :mug: thanks in advance

Here's a pretty good condensed guide. It does depend on the beer you're storing, but generally 50-55F is what you're looking for. The advantage you have of having a separate fridge, is that you can store at one temp and move it to a warmer room or colder fridge to get it to serving temp.

According to the Yeast book, yeast go to sleep below 40 degrees, so I keep mine at 42. That way, my bottle conditioned beers will obtain the benefit of yeast activity, but I figure the lower temperature (lower than serving, at least) will minimize staling.

Still shooting for my perfect temp dam garage stays cold as hell so the fridge doesn't want to come up in temp staying steady at 37-38 degrees

Back