The obnoxious "Look what I got for Christmas" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvtpublic

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Reaction score
So, who got some cool toys?

Attachments

• 20221225_171037.jpg
    20221225_171037.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 0
I got too much to get into one pic.

Two SS growlers, a flight board with 4 tasting glasses, a “Mark’s Bar” sign, a book on the history of brewing in Montana, a set of pint glasses with “Christmas Story” images on them, a magnetic bottle opener, and 2 T-shirts.
F151358F-3F71-4316-99E4-B4E7B8F86225.jpeg

5C5E1B8E-BD65-4E6E-B4FE-FF932355C82F.jpeg

I'm gonna have to pick up that book! You definitely have some great additions to the brewery

Don't get me wrong. I love the meter. AC/DC true RMS with Inrush is sweet. Just figured people here would be disappointed some of us pick non-brewing stuff. But I always wanted a realy nice clamp on.

Don't get me wrong. I love the meter. AC/DC true RMS with Inrush is sweet. Just figured people here would be disappointed some of us pick non-brewing stuff. But I always wanted a realy nice clamp on.
I never said anything about brew stuff in my initial post! I'd say it's a nice gift!

Besides the new grain mill, ordered a couple of things from Morebeer with the gift card from the kiddo. A new pH meter, and a temperature gun; not just for beer but for cooking, and aiming at things for fun. And had to order a new co2 regulator for my 5lb co2 tank that I use for pressure transfers; it fell over too many times and isn't working right. Going forward will take the thing off the tank when I'm not using it. Between clumsy me and two big dogs who don't always know where their feet are, it's bound to fall over no matter where I hide it. A good christmas this year.

fwiw, that 6 glass set has been sold for many years now and actually comes with plenty of guidance on usage.
The Spousal Unit bought a set for me many years ago and they still get used...

View attachment 808862

https://www.amazon.com/Libbey-Craft-Brews-Assorted-Glasses/dp/B00KIG3V3E
Cheers!
My daughter gave me this set a few years ago, I still have it in the box because I don't want to break them (and currently have no space in the cabinets for them). Need to break (figuratively) them out.

I got a lot, but the kids got me this…which I just tested. They both stood there looking at me, while covering their ears while I continued to ring, and clang and say “I don’t know why you’re just standing there….”

It was legitimately GREAT!!!
EED38084-0853-4E67-88B6-5916D71DFEAB.jpeg

Other than the obvious it's a Red car, what is it?
Many mental guesses but they might offend if I wrote them down.

'63 Split Window?

Yes, 63 Split Window! My uncle was the original owner. He passed away a few years ago and my aunt just got it running again as a surprise for me. Her neighbor has a Ferrari that I got to also play with. It was a very, very good Christmas for me.

Back