The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2FF08400-B9BD-4B2E-9AD2-9C3D2759D662.jpeg

Gallows & dork humor perhaps in poor taste on this fine forum?

Well that's OK & things are good enough here.

Have a better won !

Hopefully you're kidding, about having one of those "smart speakers" (what an Orwellian twist that phrase is).. voluntarily monitoring your house.

But very cool. Never did any timber frame anything myself. I stuck to smaller things like writing desks
1653048611184.png

And yes, you can tell from the antiquated music delivery system about the time frame of the photo.

Sounds like you're in a rut, musically anyway. Seriously PTN, which ones did you start out w 8 track & buy all the rest? Just kidding, I know you were probably exaggerating, unless it was Credence.

I drove a 1969 Kaiser post office jeep for a while in my late teens, RH steering and all. Had an 8 track and came with a few tapes; Grateful dead steel your face, bad company's first album, 3 dog night, forget which one. I think there was a country one too, Buck Owens if I recall. for better or worse, still know the songs.

Used to tape the vinyl for cassettes, and even later "burned" some CDs. Somewhere I even have an 8 track recorder.

Have to confess, recently bought a bunch of blank NOS high end cassettes, going to make some mixed tapes on the Nakamichi for the '85 Merced and the '97 Dodge/Cummins. They both still got cassette decks and it is a reliefe to operate familiar tech.

I guess "burned" sounds cooler than copied onto disk. Friggin tech guys, trying to sound important.

Anyway, yeah I've downloaded MP3s and stuff. But in my opinion the digital music files are more compressed and do not sound as good as analog. However, original, as opposed to copied though a computer, CDs have pretty good sound quality, not as good as vinyl but good enough since they are so convenient compared to LPs.

There is no comparison between music experience between the headphones or out of a phone powered "speaker log" to a real stereo with good frequency range, power and the drivers to deliver the sound.

I'm still runnin some Pioneer CS 99A speakers a late friend of mine bought at PX after his tour in 'Nam. They sound as good as when I bought them from him in '80, just before he offed himself, but I digress.

Sorry for the rant, been a long week and I just ,,,never mind, have a good one.

Probably should be in drunkin ramlings, but here you are...

But who needs a gallows when one has a dork?View attachment 769107
It is 16 hr since my second booster and I feel like I’ve been dropped from the dork and then been beaten severely with it. Then run over by the blue Chevy. There will be no brewing at my house in Wilbraham today. Plus the outside thermometer is quickly climbing into Satans A$$hole range. Stay hydrated, kids.

It is 16 hr since my second booster and I feel like I’ve been dropped from the dork and then been beaten severely with it. Then run over by the blue Chevy. There will be no brewing at my house in Wilbraham today. Plus the outside thermometer is quickly climbing into Satans A$$hole range. Stay hydrated, kids.
Sorry to here that about your booster, hope it does you some good. I had the two shots and the first booster with very little side effects, then I still got a full blown case of covid with positive test (probably omicron?) about a 5 weeks ago. I had to take a few days off work and should have taken more. Back of my throat felt like I'd swallowed hot slag, & even going walking around left me exhausted. Took me a few weeks to feel mostly recovered, still not sure I'm at full strength yet. At least I did not loose my taste for beer!

I'm mashed with a rye adjuncted lager outside today, about time for the vorlauf, and yeah, it is a little too warm for me, and we are about 10 degrees cooler than mainland, from what I here.

I believe anyone anyone without commercial grade machinery and hydraulics is a "homeowner". Not that that is a bad thing.

There are also many ways to move around heavy objects without said machinery, and have to admit is cool, I remember working with an old boat mover & we moved some rather large & heavy old wooden boats with some planks, rollers, big old Simplex house jacks. That was a long time ago, and the old guy I was working for may no longer be with us. I was 18 and he was probably in his 50's or 60's. I always thought he was moving too slow, but now I understand.

Anyway, as usual for this time of night, I digress...but my point being; if one is willing to spend the time to work things out, gettign right tackle together, and then move slowly while implementing plan, one can indeed move heavy things without a too much manual labor or expensive gear. But one does need to remember to take it slow & pay attention.

Last edited:
Back