The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit to being an infidel, and I'll probably kill myself one of these days, one way or another, so I guess you win that one.

There really isn't anywhere good to get pizza over here anyway, at least not according to my NY Sicilian wife.

That french fry pizza ain't going to get you into anywhere nice either I bet, that makes the Cajun Chef's (I guarrentee!) potato salad made with miricle whip and left over french frys look good.

What about the Orange Peel? You're a hipster.

Hipster; Actually they never let me in, but it was OK for me to hang around if I fixed their cars an brought the beer.

Oarnge peal; Only if properly candied, (hopefully by someone else), and added to super premium ice cream, of perhaps in a good dark chocolate,,, just kidding, I'll put almost anything in my gin to male it taste better, have you tried the old quienides? (I hear they are the rage, and there happens to be some in this fancy Q brand tonic). (also popular on the raj, or so I hear).

This thread is the new food channel now, isn't it?

I like to keep it basic, old school, if not neat :)

Nah. I haven't been on MV in a long time but I hear the Orange Peel is nice and I'd definately hit it if I was to visit again.

Last edited:
I've never been to orange peel myself, from what I hear it is a nice little artisan kitchen, more than a "pizza place" long way from home too, if you are down island scum like me.

Don't know about South shore, if that is a food place. But yeah, you could catch some dinner on parts of the south shore, some times of year....or all the time if willing to forage old school, (not that I have time to do that as a grown up).

How 'bout I ad my favorite kitchen inspection clip?

By the way, was in food service myself here for a many years,, too long actually ..sadly wasting,,, never mind.. paid for my higher education...if you were here in the 80's and had a burger or a frappe near a drawbridge, I might have been involved....since you are still alive, you have no complaint...{'

Paul, serious question. What is the covid testing like where you are? As in, who is doing the testing, what kind of testing is available, what are the costs, can anybody get a test?
I need to go to Australia, and the Australian government is requiring a negative covid test before they will issue a visa. Ok.
In Arizona, I first contacted the VA, as I have no other insurance. They informed me they are not testing asymptomatic vets at this time, but sent me a link to Arizona DHS, that gave map locations to where I could get tested.
Every testing site is run by a private company or lab or hospital, with not a single site by state or federal government, and all require you to have symptoms. No symptoms, no test. I finally found a drive thru site run by Walgreens. You have to fill out an online questionnaire, and if you're found to be "eligible" they set you up with an appointment. Luckily (?) I have enough of the risk factors to qualify, and I have an appointment for a drive thru nasal roto rooter job next Monday. However, my boss is still trying to get tested.

Called Wachusetts this early afternoon, they only had Major Mass Soul in unlabeled 32oz crowlers. Another time, maybe.
Instead, The Spousal Unit and I took a ride over to Kalon Farm and checked out the Bull Spit Brewery.
They are hoping to have their tap room open next week but in the mean time they had plenty of beer in cans and do growler fills as well.

I was surprised and impressed by the brewery itself - they have a hella lot of stainless steel in a small space.
Picked up a couple of four packs to try out - and a big chunk of ribeye for Sunday :)

bullspit_01_sm.jpg

bullspit_02_sm.jpg

The Acre Maker is the better of the two, deeper characters and great flavor from front to back. Otoh, there's a minor hop in Second Cutting that I suspect is Azacca that I've never been that fond of that hits me mid-palette and takes just a little bit from the finish. No doubt others wouldn't get that.

Worth the trip, and always nice to have options nearby (like 15 minutes :))

Cheers!

He started making threatening noises and got 86’d for that. God save us from zealots.

Dave, I work at an urgent care clinic, a privately owned, for profit business. I can’t speak for how others do it but we’ll screen anyone and bill their insurance. If we don’t take their insurance (for example we don’t take MassHealth, the state government insurance because their reimbursement is terrible) they can pay out of pocket. The visit (any visit) is $120 and the test (or any other procedures/injections/etc) are extra. I think I heard that the COVID test is $55 billed from the lab. Supposedly the government is going to eat those costs.

I would expect that your employer would cover your costs.

Yes, basically we are independent contractors, but our employer is very generous, so price is not really an issue.
Its just that it seems damn near impossible to get a test in this state unless you have symptoms. My immediate supervisor and beer buddy is also based in Tucson, and may have to go out of state just to get a test.

That’s unfortunate but understandable given earlier shortages. As the supply line fills up those restriction should ease.

Yeah, just dropped off a couple cases of beer for the boss, he told me to blow off the test here, he has a friend in Kali that will do it with immediate results.

So, that brown bread - is that a scratch recipe poured in a can and...baked, or something?
Looks great from here. How does it compare to B&M?

fwiw, that rib eye from Kalon was killer. There's enough left over for an equally killer sammich manana :)

Cheers!

Yeah, from scratch. Has a more bitter chocolate flavor than B&M, probably from the molasses I used. Recipe on epicurious site. Poured in a can and baked/steamed.
Now that I have some rye flour, I want to try some euro style steamed pumpernickel, to build the perfect Reuben sammich.

Last edited:
Lol spell check knows me well. For the conservatives, thongs are accepted. Or french Canadians visiting from Old Orchahd Beach.

Oddly: spell check just corrected me to "things"

Back