The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
207FA0D6-667C-4544-ACD4-551A6E79530B.jpeg
This is pizza... Add pepperon, meatballs or a couple veggies if you must, but B&M beans no way.

Mom always did the push out of the can thing, then wrapped the cylinder of brown bread in foil and baked it for 25-30 minutes.
The fun part was watching her try to unwrap it, but the tasty part was getting my slice soaked in butter. Yumm!

As for Paul's "pizza" revelation...no.

Well, I ate a bowl of beans for lunch, but I'm saving the (beanless) pizza for dinner.
In a nod to tofu boy, I'll put onions and jalapenos on it. But then I'll bury the veggies in sausage, pepperoni, and cheese.

We never did that when I was a kid. Just pushed it out of the can, sliced, and buttered (or margarine, probably). Seems like the bread was always moist and kinda sticky.
Pretty good with a slice of braunschweiger too.
I love braunschweiger on cheap white bread with mayo ( miracle whip back then). I'm a kid again.

Wandered over to the grocery store during a lull at lunchtime. Got industrial packaged braunschweiger, a baguette, Digon mustard and cornichons. (And a bag of Fritos because I’m a card carrying member of the great unwashed flotsam that is America) A solid B+ lunch. I’ll have the other half tomorrow and be happy.
It wasn’t foie gras in a cafe in the French countryside but it was a damn sight better than a Dave’s single with cheese.

Let’s say it’s about equal to a Number 9. Really effing good but nothing I’m willing to chop off my John Thomas over.

Now, if I’d had the foresight to grab an onion and carved off a honkin’ slice Mrs Nurse might be singing songs tonight

(I’d prefer to nit speculate on the types of songs she’d be singing.)

Hmm, there was a place in a nearby mall called Zum zum (long defunct now) they had two barrel heads with taps on the wall for Hell and Dunkel and they served wursts. A grilled liverwurst sandwich with grilled onions was pdg, though when they were in business I was too young to have a beer with it. But every once in a while I’ll prepare a sammy Like it on a pretzel bun. I think I put on a pound just thinking about it. Dammit Paul! I hope you and Mrs Nurse are happy now. ;)

Wandered over to the grocery store during a lull at lunchtime. Got industrial packaged braunschweiger, a baguette, Digon mustard and cornichons. (And a bag of Fritos because I’m a card carrying member of the great unwashed flotsam that is America) A solid B+ lunch. I’ll have the other half tomorrow and be happy.
It wasn’t foie gras in a cafe in the French countryside but it was a damn sight better than a Dave’s single with cheese.

Let’s say it’s about equal to a Number 9. Really effing good but nothing I’m willing to chop off my John Thomas over.

Now, if I’d had the foresight to grab an onion and carved off a honkin’ slice Mrs Nurse might be singing songs tonight

(I’d prefer to nit speculate on the types of songs she’d be singing.)

Try all the above on dark rye.

Made a couple of calls which led to a Wachusetts distributor who said Major Mass Soul in the can is a limited release only available at the brewery right now. I might give the brewery a call to see what's up and if they're holding I could see taking a run over in the afternoon if the weather tomorrow is decent.

Curb-side pickup only so there's not much attraction otherwise. Too bad, I've been hankering to check out their new 50 barrel automated system but that's not happening anytime soon...

The little baby bat looks kind of cute.

I bet if you dredged him in flour and dropped him in some peanut oil he’d taste just like baby bat dredged in flour.

What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? (Not counting curdled soy bean juice.)

I’ve eaten guinea pig in Ecuador. Not a big fan.

And in Iceland they catch Greenland sharks, let them start to rot, then cut them up and hang them to dry for 5-6 months. It’s called Hakarl. (There is an accent over the A but oddly enough I don’t have that symbol on my iPhone keyboard.) Lets just say that it’s an acquired taste. I actually kind of like it. It tastes a little like elephant rectum that’s been confite’d in the crankcase oil from a 1956 International Harvester corn thresher. If you wash it down with their caraway schnapps you’re pretty much guaranteed to be carrying on a conversation with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters within the hour.
Your pizza 😁 @Yooper can back me up.

I've been to Bullspit and they are open for plain pickup. They've also been in some local bottle shops and I think bars (gibbet might have been one of them).

Ive been there on their opening day, just a random day and they did a meet the locals. That meeting was actually very interesting. I thought it was going to be a tour and tasting but it was about opening up your own agricultural business. I think I was the only non farmer there. A lot of good questions and talk about state/universities agencies and how to cut thru the red tape.

I was kind of pissed because I didn't want them to screw up the other business there. Their butcher shop. I really really like their meat there. A little expensive but it is grass fed.

I have seen a little decrease in meet quality lately but with everything that's going on who knows. They never use to sell out but now it's crazy.

The beer I found average but I'm into the Haze kick. They do a spectrum of styles but kind of middle of the road non high IBU recipes. Their selection has expanded since my initial visits. I'd recommend checking them out and trying their meat too.

You had me - until the pizzaghetti. That's just wrong ;)
Thanks for the info on "Bullspit" (charming name). I just checked out their web page and holy cow (no pun intended) they have a long list of brews for what sure AF looks like a hole in the wall lolo from 117. Do they actually brew on site?

Might have to check them out once they're open for visitors. Drive-bys don't interest me that much, I brew my own beer :)

Cheers!

That's the response until you're blotted at 2am in the morning and it's the highest culinary achievement in the world.

On the Bullspit? They're offerings have exploded and I think they've hired more brewers, so again, I think my impressions are probably outdated. I looked at my logged reviews and the beer I liked best was a fall ale which tasted very similar to Harpoon.

They do brew onsite on a small number of barrels. The brewery is in the front of the building along side of the coolers of beers sold. Funny thing is you have to walk through the brewery to get to the closed taproom in the back.

Bring your plastic beer carriers. They'll take them. I had a huge stack that I've been sitting on during the pandemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/montre...407/pizzaghetti-is-quebecs-most-shameful-food

Last edited:
Back