The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I recall, the 'picture of the day' was Babalu picking up Colby's unattended iPhone and snapping a close up of his sack.

"BRAINS!!!!!! BRAINS!!!!!"

Poor Colby got the shock of his life when he sent Mrs. C pictures of the brew day with the boys.

****, I miss Babalu. No one could pull off a stunt like that with such panache.

Last edited:
Larb gai, shaved Philly Cheese steak and some arugala just past it's prime. Leftovers for supper. Could be worse, I could have an empty fridge. Life is OK.

You almost had me at the shaved Philly steak, lost me on the wilted arugala. That weed tastes like soap to me, which they say is a common genetic expression of (more, less, different, whatever) evolved genetic diversity. ( I realize different and diversity are redundant, but sticking with it).

Happy fried egg campers!

Well, all my friends from work call me Bear (or El Oso, if they are of the Spanish persuasion). And on several other sites, I go by Carnivore, 'cuz I don't eat much in the plant department.

Don't tell tofu boy!
After your last brew day I was thinking more along the lines of
7DB5BEBA-DEF4-4DE5-8C0B-571114D77DE6.jpeg

Captain Underpants. ;)

As a mechanic I make a great nurse.

I am beginning to understand why my friend/mechanic Scott has forbidden me to work on mechanical stuff. Very depressed after a weekend spent doing stuff that I have no business doing and not working out in the end. I think I might have one or two more than prudent tonight as I stew over my incompetence.

I am beginning to understand why my friend/mechanic Scott has forbidden me to work on mechanical stuff. Very depressed after a weekend spent doing stuff that I have no business doing and not working out in the end. I think I might have one or two more than prudent tonight as I stew over my incompetence.

Paul, we knew that, but weren't going to say anything. It's good for your soul to come clean, though.
For the lingering depression, I recommend tequila.

Finally got my Australian visa tonight! Now I'm waiting for a quarantine waiver from NSW, so I can do the quarantine in Queensland. Looking at heading out probably Thursday.
@Hoppy2bmerry , did you ever get your Topaz hops?
CORRECTION: We will fly to New Zealand first, bypassing NSW and their quarantine, and fly direct to Brisbane, but still need permission to do the quarantine in Queensland. This covid is turning into a major PITA, been working on the visas and permissions for 3 weeks now.

Last edited:
For the love of the schweet baby Jeezuz don't post pics.

If you feel the need. please just them to H2BM as a PM. There rest of us ain't got no time for that.
Eh, I have my own capt underpants sitting on the couch, so I’ve got the picture already. 😵

Sounds a lot like you making a pizza

Nothing beer and *real* pizza cannot fix help make you forget care less about.

Its the silly little things that make doing that stuff so difficult. I can't tell a 3/8 # 18 threaded bolt from a 1/2" left handed smoke shifter. I managed to break a seized bolt off in the housing and dicked up getting it out and managed to crack the housing. At least I think that;s what happened, it's the only reason I can come up with for oil leaking out after I put it all back together. Grrrrrr. I guess I'll remover the winch from the bow for the summer, put in a temporary anchor locker hatch and try to find a replacement piece for the cracked cover. If I can get that done this week I can finally get the f'ing thing in the water and take it down to the club where the Governor won't let me go and talk to anyone.

I can't tell a 3/8 # 18 threaded bolt from a 1/2" left handed smoke shifter. I managed to break a seized bolt off in the housing and dicked up getting it out and managed to crack the housing.
Do you have a pic? "JB Weld" might do wonders if the part is not under too much stress or pressure. I've used it many times for repairing pot metal castings if it's just a crack or something minor.
Righty/tighty,,lefty loosy,,,,most of the time,,, unless it's not. :mug:

Cheers,
Joel B.

Don't sweat it too much, even if you know what you are doing and have a decent shop, a day of mechanicing may still require additional brews.

But then again, what day doesn't?

I hope The Masshole Collective has been enjoying this run of fabulous weather we've had lately. I've spent it on ladders doing prep work leading to re-staining the residence, which totally sucks hard - this ~quadrennial ritual is literally at the top of my "Things I Hate" list - but at least the weather hasn't been working against my efforts.

And I gotta say that first beer after a shower is almost worth the self-flagellation...

Cheers! :drunk:

If we are culturally related, as per thread title, ..., around here Thursday is kind of the early Friday,,,,is this true with you inlanders as well?

Got out the acoustic gibson, trimmed my left nails short...anyway.. did some decent pickin and scrheddin.

I'm going to play more tunes tomorrow, one knows it has been to long when one has lost ones calluses.

I'm probalby the least talented at playing in this house. Got to remind the others to get back to it too.

So it's gonna be one majorly toasty week in Massachusetts, at least inland. High 80s/Low 90s from here through next Saturday.

I'm ready: got my house painting done (ugh), keezer is loaded with freshies, there are backups for all of them, and the A/C is fully functional, thank goodness.
Think I'll fire up the boat tomorrow...

Cheers!

I clearly jinxed myself as the non-bedroom end of the house is now ablaze due to an A/C unit leaving for Appliance Heaven right around noon.
Crap. And only 17 years young. Sheesh. Replacement scheduled to arrive Tuesday.
Fortunately we can hole up at the other end of the house 'til things get squared away, so could be worse.

Good luck with the double on Sunday! Too hot to be envious...

Cheers! ;)

I clearly jinxed myself as the non-bedroom end of the house is now ablaze due to an A/C unit leaving for Appliance Heaven right around noon.
Crap. And only 17 years young. Sheesh. Replacement scheduled to arrive Tuesday.
Fortunately we can hole up at the other end of the house 'til things get squared away, so could be worse.

Good luck with the double on Sunday! Too hot to be envious...

Cheers! ;)
Ouch. Ultimate in bad timing.

Double brew day is at the point where:
1) First batch, Yooper's Haus Pale, is in the TopDrawSystem ferment keg with WY1450 at 64F
2) Second batch, Yoopers Oatmeal Stout, is on the boil
3) Balrog is down about 4 pounds in "humidity" weight, but having fun being back in the game
4) Mrs Balrog has left the premises due to the "obnoxious odor". I think she also doesn't like beer making smells.

Father's Day is guud. All I'm missing is donuts.

And I bet you're relieved to find you're not homogametic?

I have always been comfortable with whatever hyploid germ cells zygoted my way.

I think I just pulled a cerebellum. I was always more comfortable with physics and electronics than the squishier sciences, but at some point post kids I realized I was forgetting everything but the Barney song tune and Kim Possible phrases.

Best Father's Day Evah! :ban:
Today I got to cuddle with my youngest grandson (8 months old) and hug my youngest son and his Baystate (Springfield) ER doc spouse today for the first time since February. Said son has been in WFH status for months and given the baby hasn't tested that philosophy. And his wife (whom we've known since she was in diapers) is super OC about post-shift C19 sanitation and if anyone could get through this without "bringing it home" it's her.

So I just pulled the trigger when we arrived and that was that. Spent the day in and out of their pool, did a mass Skype with my other sons, wives and kiddies, before heading home.

fwiw, WAY less oppressive than last night here. Might survive this appliance breakdown yet ;)

Happy Dad's Day to all! Hope your day was as excellent!

Cheers!

Back