The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear my very dear sick senior dog,

I am so happy the meds that we are giving you are suppressing your cough, and curing the upper respiratory infection that you picked up. However I wish they would stop giving you the most horrendous gas I've ever smelled from a dog. But I will admit I'd one hundred times rather smell that gas than have to lead you over that final bridge, it's too soon.

Sincerely, there is a noxious green cloud hovering around her butt, I swear. #Amoxicillin=horrible canine flatulence

Dear Registry of Great Names For A Rock Band,

I do hereby submit "Canine Flatulence".

Sincerely
Easily Amused

Sincerely
Easily Amused
Dear Easily Amused

Thank you for your kind submission. It is our pleasure to announce that you are the 250th person to submit "Canine Flatulence" and the proposed name has now crossed the threshold to be assigned to the next unoriginal, bass-thumping, poorly syncopated grunge band to emerge from the darkened recesses of the Seattle Starbucks scene.

Yours in melodious gratitude,
Tiber Flumen Pollutum (Honorary Chaircat of the Registry of Great Names For A Rock Band)

Dear people In Cold Climates,

here in AZ it was like 70f outside today on 12-9-22....

Sincerely,

guy glad i don't need that silly electric blanket anymore!

Dear people In Cold Climates,

here in AZ it was like 70f outside today on 12-9-22....

Sincerely,

guy glad i don't need that silly electric blanket anymore!

We don't all have the marshals ready to move us to some warm, inconspicuous place.

sYxUjS4PblT1YKg1Cy5YdXPNeuN.jpg

Dear Kent,

go ahead give me your hate!

Sincerely,

every rap song that says how you like me now! drinking some homebrew not feeling like i'm lit on fire!

How I imagine Canada started:

Dear everyone who just can't handle temperatures below 40°F,

No, it's ok, we'll take the cold place up north here. You weren't going to use it anyway.

Sincerely,
Canadians

Dear Canadians,

The above was a blatant ripoff from a video made by some of your finest internet sketch comedians.

Sorry, I just really loved the joke and I'm terrible at coming up with my own material.

Sincerely,

Dear brand new 3-roller grain mill,

Thank you for not shredding yourself into many pieces yesterday when a nut vibrated off the hopper and stopped you in a dramatic fashion.

Sincerely, just brewed what should be a fairly good batch of the house Citra/Sabro IPA

i'm trying to make a joke, but were you holding a drill when that happened?
Yes...yes I was. Haven't gotten around to building the new stand yet. My own stupid fault for not using the bit driver to make sure all of the nuts were tight. Yes, many jokes can be had from this post, I am aware.

Dear seatazz,

About the same here, just a boken knuckle when i was like 10. damn thing smarted for months! never even found out it was bust until it was almost totally healed....

Sincereley,

Someone who learned not to punch kids in the forehead the hard way!

Dear "Just stubbed toe on keezer",

It's only serious if it becomes an uncontrolable reflex....

Sincerely,

Shadow Lord of the deep....

Sincerely
Easily Amused

Dear Easily Amused

Thank you for your kind submission. It is our pleasure to announce that you are the 250th person to submit "Canine Flatulence" and the proposed name has now crossed the threshold to be assigned to the next unoriginal, bass-thumping, poorly syncopated grunge band to emerge from the darkened recesses of the Seattle Starbucks scene.

Yours in melodious gratitude,
Tiber Flumen Pollutum (Honorary Chaircat of the Registry of Great Names For A Rock Band)

Was just about to name my band "Canine Flatulence". Upon seeing your decision, decided to just go with "Dog Farts".

Sincerely,
Also Easily Amused

I submit the name "flock of undead seagulls" for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Also rather easily amused

Dear Kent,

Sincerely,

someone who thinks you should let mom, and dad name your dream rock band! lol

edit or buy you your first bicycle.....

Sincerely,
Dear Also rather easily amused,

Is that really the band you want to resurrect?

Sincerely,
Why?

Was just about to name my band "Canine Flatulence". Upon seeing your decision, decided to just go with "Dog Farts".

Sincerely,
Also Easily Amused
Dear Also Easily Amused

It is a somewhat onerous policy imposed on the Registry by the Honorary Chaircat that multi-syllable names that invoke a gratuitous and inaccurate impression that the band is in some way or form intellectual be reserved for either British prog rock, new wave or ska bands, and the aforementioned Seattle coffee shop grunge bands.

Dog Farts obviously does not fall into this category and the Registry approves the usage thereof.

Sincerely,
Sicut Puer Odore Manes (Unpaid Intern to the Honorary Deputy Chairdog of the Registry of Great Names For A Rock Band)

Last edited:

Sincerely,
Dear Also rather easily amused

The Registry of Great Names For A Rock Band regrets to inform you that the proposed name was allocated to Mr Michael Score in 2018 following the announcement of the third reunion attempt. While he did politely decline, it remains allocated.

Sincerely,
Tumultum Adduxit Tempus (Secretary-General of the Registry of Great Names For A Rock Band)

Dear @Kent88 ,

This may help.

View attachment 807915

Sincerely,

Blatant lover of 80's themed movies

Dear seatazzz,

I appreciate the help, but most of my earliest memories are in the 90s, and it looks like this group was big in the late '70s and '80s. I didn't pay attention to their particular genre for years, and I've never been great at pairing a song with the musician unless I'm a really big fan of them.

Sincerely,

Dear @seatazzz -

What do you know about being old? I have kids who are closer to your age than you are to mine. My earliest memories are of the 50’s, and my Dad listening to his favorite Dixieland Jazz band the Firehouse Five plus Two.

Sincerely,

What were we talking about again?…

Dear Various Chaircats/Dogs/Supreme Mugwumps,

Your blatant (my word of the day) use of Latin is causing some of us to have flashbacks to Catholic school in 4th grade.

Sincerely,

Superstes Canis Inflatus Aeturnum (Survivor of Dog Farts Forever) {which would also be a great name for a rock band}

Dear Darling Spouse,

I cherish every day with you, but when you heck up my schedule with a text asking us to swap some winter stuff for some summer stuff in our storage unit, then get testy with me when I figure I'll finish transplanting a hop, then reveal you have a migraine but still insist that we plant veggies in the garden, then get downright cross with me because I didn't know that either of those things were happening this afternoon until you said so and I'm trying to hurry up and get started on transplanting my next hop before I get back to what I had actually planned for the evening, well that all can really strike a nerve with me. Now I ended up cleaning up and doing laundry hours later than I wanted to, falling asleep in my chair, waking up at two in the morning, and since both you and your mini-me are sleeping in the same room as the laundry drying rack I had to quietly sort and hang up laundry in the dark so my mini-me has clean clothes to wear to school tomorrow and clothes will be dry for when we pack up to go see my family this weekend.

Sincerely,
Didn't even have supper

Back