American IPA The Dankity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathPowe

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
US-05 (2pks)
Yeast Starter
No
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
84 (Tinseth)
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
3 Days @ 66F, 7 days at 68-69F
Tasting Notes
Title says it all.
Thought I'd share this one with everybody. It came out wonderfully and I'll definitely be brewing it again. Give it a go.

OG 1.064
FG 1.010
IBU: 84 Tinseth
ABV: 7%
Mash Temp: 149F
71% Mash Eff.

Grist:
14lbs 2-row (93.3%)
.5lb Biscuit (3.3%)
.5lb Crystal 40L (3.3%)

Kettle:
.5oz Warrior (16.5%AA) - 60min
.5oz Centennial (10%AA) - 30min
.5oz Simcoe (13%AA), 1oz Chinook (12.1%AA) - 15min
1oz Chinook (12.1%AA), 1oz Simcoe (13%AA), 1oz Centennial (10%AA) - Whirlpool

Yeast:
2pks US-05

Dry Hops:
1oz Chinook, 1oz Simcoe, 1oz Centennial

Ferment at 66F for 3 days, then let it rise to 68 or 69 for a week. Rack to a keg with the dry hops (strainer bag). I usually let the keg sit at room temp for 2 or 3 days with the dry hops, then move it into the kegerator. I chill the keg for 24 hours, then put the gas on it at 30psi for 48 hours, then drop it to serving pressure for a few days, and serve. I leave the dry hops in for the life of the keg and it's awesome.

The simple grain bill puts the hops on showcase but still provides some backbone to the beer. I really like this hop combo. Post some info. on the thread if you end up brewing.

Enjoy.

This looks like a great IPA recipe, and pretty simple! I will have to get some of the hops varieties listed but I have some of them.

Just tasted my first IPA and am anxious to try more as mine was very, very drinkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back