the best homebrew video ever!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like his video. Hoping he adds more in the future. I have subscribed to his channel just to be sure :)

I tho wonder if this is actually just @brewerjase himself just pulling a slick one ha

I subscribed to him also. He has to be the most confused creature right now, wondering where all these views and subs are coming from.

That's a tremendous jacket
34.gif
29.gif

I saw this video a month or so ago in my weekly homebrew search on YouTube (filtered by week). I really enjoyed it for the reasons many have commented on in jest. I showed it to my wife to get her opinion and she thinks he is serious and just doesn't have the best English and I tend to agree. Kinda messed up making fun of the guy especially when the overall video is really well done

Oh, man. So funny. And our community commentary is great too. It's hard to find reasons to laugh this hard before breakfast.

I totally had my money on Norway while I was watching it. Those crazy Norwegians. The only thing I wish I could change in the video is that the other guy (seen when Mong stirs the mash while grain is added) was wearing the same sweater. I saw the black cuff when he reached into the shot and I thought our guy had three hands! Such a disappointment to find out he only has two.

Also, given that the walls and the floor are totally covered with plastic and sheets, I'm pretty sure there's a black pilsner sex tape floating around out there somewhere.

Remember, a drill makes milling a "wok in the park."

As much as you guys joke this guy seems to have it together.

The random death metal when he was mashing in threw me off, though.

Kinda messed up making fun of the guy especially when the overall video is really well done

Easy bud. I don't think anyone is actually making fun of him. He clearly has his stuff together and knows what he's doing. It's poking fun is all.

Besides. In my brew yesterday I said "Boom!" as I added the hops... I'm sure it had a positive impact on my wort.

I saw this video a month or so ago in my weekly homebrew search on YouTube (filtered by week). I really enjoyed it for the reasons many have commented on in jest. I showed it to my wife to get her opinion and she thinks he is serious and just doesn't have the best English and I tend to agree. Kinda messed up making fun of the guy especially when the overall video is really well done

Hipster alert.

:D

Also, given that the walls and the floor are totally covered with plastic and sheets, I'm pretty sure there's a black pilsner sex tape floating around out there somewhere.

Either that or it's his murder dungeon/brew cave. Many of us have multi purpose rooms in our house, no judgement here.

In my brew yesterday I said "Boom!" as I added the hops... I'm sure it had a positive impact on my wort.

Same. I made a coffee stout and sadly only had some 60 min hops to add or I would have been all like: 60 mins BOOM, 30 mins BOOM, knockout BOOM, etc.

Agree with you....totally not making fun of this guy. I think he's awesome!!! And his set up is legit.

I have an IIPA on the docket. I should warn our Emergency Response Service so they don't set off the air raid siren while I'm brewing! BOOM!

freakin awesome!

best part 4:21 :rockin:
and i understand why all the plastic is necessary by looking at floor 7:17

The only thing I wish I could change in the video is that the other guy (seen when Mong stirs the mash while grain is added) was wearing the same sweater. I saw the black cuff when he reached into the shot and I thought our guy had three hands!

Sorry Bob, I can clearly see both arms up to the elbows, and I see no skulls - I think it's just a black sweater - but then everyone around here thinks I'm crazy, so who knows??

Sorry Bob, I can clearly see both arms up to the elbows, and I see no skulls - I think it's just a black sweater - but then everyone around here thinks I'm crazy, so who knows??

I meant "would be" wearing the same sweater. My phrasing wasn't very good. The angle of the shot is just awkward enough that it could look like one guy with three arms were they dressed the same. It's so close to being "My Awesome Home Brewery," directed by Wes Anderson.

Awesome video. He's obviously not 100% serious, but the line is kinda blurry which makes it that much funnier. He speaks really good English for a Norwegian. How many of you americans speak another language fluently? I love the metal aspect aswell (I secretly listen to Norwegian black metal every now and then).

Awesome video. He's obviously not 100% serious, but the line is kinda blurry which makes it that much funnier. He speaks really good English for a Norwegian. How many of you americans speak another language fluently? I love the metal aspect aswell (I secretly listen to Norwegian black metal every now and then).

it's pronounced "Uhmeruhkins". I would love to learn other languages, but I really don't have a need since I live in Uhmerca. I had about 1 1/2 years of German in high school before they kicked me out.

This guy is EPIC! His setup is actually pretty damned sweet. Except he needs to start milling his grains in the next room. BOOM!

I just sent him a friend request on FB.
Epic video. Killer set up. Informative and hilarious.
The death metal and jacket puts it over the top. He needs to be added as a supporting member. And a +1 for making the video a sticky for beginners as it explains everything really well.

I like his video. Hoping he adds more in the future. I have subscribed to his channel just to be sure :)

I tho wonder if this is actually just @brewerjase himself just pulling a slick one ha

I wish. I not only lack the coin for sweet Blichmann kettles. But definitely lack the good looks and charisma necessary to pull off a sweet jacket like Mr.Mongs.

Does anyone know what death metal group and song that is? I want to download it from iTunes and play it while I brew an English Brown Ale tomorrow 🍻

I love the videos of the OCD guy who goes ape **** over sanitation. He literally rambles on about dust particles and goes through extreme measures to not get an infection. He probably has a clean room in his house by now.

I love the videos of the OCD guy who goes ape **** over sanitation. He literally rambles on about dust particles and goes through extreme measures to not get an infection. He probably has a clean room in his house by now.

That video wins the award for the humor catagory....

This is the one you are talking about.

The video in the OP is at least done by someone that actually knows what he is doing, but with a off beat style. We all are going to say BOOM when we add our hops.

We won't try to emulate this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back