the best homebrew video ever!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very informative....what country is he from?

"brew a black pisner"
"let's fire up the monster"
"drill makes milling a walk in the park"
"boom, boom!"
What does he say @ 6:14?
@7:14, does he says, "add the yeast and make it ready for the beer god"?
than @ 7:20 he makes a weird moaning sound

I'm thinking he's Icelandic based on what he says @ 6:14.
Instead of cheers it sounds like he says skal which is cheers in Iceland

I need help, I can't stop watching this. I think I've viewed this 7 times now and every time I find a new part to laugh at.

I need help, I can't stop watching this. I think I've viewed this 7 times now and every time I find a new part to laugh at.

Hhahah. Me too. I did 4 back to back views before posting. He's as memorising as a lava lamp.

I could watch this on a loop for 24 hrs straight if I wasn't afraid of peeing my pants from laughing.

I've got a few new brew habits to implement on the next brew day:

Fire up the monster!!
BOOM!!
and who could forget the prayer to the brew gods.

PURE GOLD :rockin:

I really need to pick up one of those skull hoodies to wear on my brew days. Currently, I'm just not getting that satisfaction you get from flashing the rocker sign and saying "boom" with every hop addition. It has to be my sub-standard brew attire.

The way he smacks the lid on the fermentation bucket is awesome!
I wish I was as cool as that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that says BOOM when I add the hops and say a prayer to the Beer God when I add the yeast.

I also say Boom when my 3-year-old gives me a high-five.

I am a simple man.

Makes me want to goto Oslo & hangout drinking beers w/ that dude!
Cross between Kip,SNL & Wanes World. I'll never get tired of watching this vid ......BOOM ...FIRE UP THE MONSTER.....BOOM BOOM.....awesome

This is awesome! I love the way his majestic hair wafts in the breeze from the drill. And the death metal while adding the black malt, classic!

I can't compete!

And after a quick google search..
Photo%2016_10_12%2017%2023%2057.jpg

And his website appears to be art-of-mong.com lol.

I'm telling ya it gets better every time I watch it!

SWMBO just asked if he was for real and of thats brewing the hard way

:drunk:

Hate to admit but that guy is right! That is one brilliant setup! Next time I add black grain to my grain I'm going to blast death metal. This is gold!

Should..... should someone let him know he has his own fan club?

I can about imagine his page views going through the roof and him sitting there going, wtf?

Boom, majesty.

IMG_1594.JPG

The video actually has a good run down of a brewday, not too much information. I like it :D , with his metal references and all! Boom!

he is sure to become famous. I have a man-crush on him and his set-up. I'd def hang out with him.

Hang on to your hats folks, It's about to get awesome! Now pray to the beer gods!

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say, the quirks aside that video might be fairly instructive to many.

The only thing in his process I'd actually ding - and with vigor - was milling right smack in the middle of his brewery.
Did you notice the friggin' cloud of Lactobacillus drifting towards his gear (1:50 in) when he was milling the base malt?

Cheers! ;)

I've been using this forum for a couple of years and added a thing or two. But posting this video is the first time I feel I've really contributed to the community.
I keep watching it and it's not getting old.
I'm so glad you guys found the pics as well. Just adds to his epic legend.

We all need more of this guy in our lives.

THIS!!!

I want to get completely sideways/bonkers drunk with this guy and hear all about his first girlfriend and that time he was in the mosh pit at the {insert Norwegian Death Metal Band Here} over and over.

Then we can go to Waffle House and when he adds the syrup to his waffles he can say "BOOOM!" and flash the metal fingers:rockin:.

Is that a black eye on the left side of his face for the first 2/3 of the video, or just bad lighting? :D
I love the way he layed his mill down on the floor after cracking the grains - reminds me of an LHBS around here that I no longer buy from - they had/have really dirty floors, so I kept wondering how much of that was going to end up in my brew! :mug:

Back