The 2016 NHC - Results/Speculation Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you make sure you're in the FINAL url. It changes the URL for me when I login. I have to put the final back in.

They are correct, these scores are different from my first round.

I see now. Looks like my American Pale Ale made mini-BOS but did not place with a score of 40 :(. Well now I won't waste my time listening to the award ceremony. Man it's a bummer to see a 35 nab 3rd but my 40 not place, that's the mini-BOS format for you though

My mead scored 40 and made mini-bos, but didn't place...

Still a good run for that mead though - mead BOS at a major comp, NHC first round silver, Mazer Cup honorable mention, and NHC final round mini-BOS....can't ask for much more than that...............well, other than where I placed the recipe and brewing notes. :eek:

Janis says "stop looking at it." I've told them twice, but if they're going to shoot the messenger I'm not helping anymore.

When the scores were available yesterday I saw that my APA had scored a 40 and went to mini bos. No place.

Never did see scores from yesterday. I can't get into my account today. Anyone else having an issue logging in?

Never did see scores from yesterday. I can't get into my account today. Anyone else having an issue logging in?

Yeah I can't login now, but I did just see the live rewards for cat 10 and they seemed to mesh with what was being posted days ago. Places at least.

1st in Cat 11 for an American Amber just like it said Thurs Eve. First NHC entry. I'm blown away.

Congrats! I'm the same, first time entering the NHC and pulled a silver in APA! I had no idea how the beer would do in the first round, I just knew it tasted dang good! Will definitely be entering more next year. Time to start planning my brewing schedule for next year, where I'll definitely be attending! :mug:

I am hooked now though. I had to stop entering into any other competitions and dedicate my resources to beer for a wedding but now that's all over and I can get some beer into the local competitions. I'm going to try and hit them hard and get one of those medals next year.

Congrats! I'm the same, first time entering the NHC and pulled a silver in APA! I had no idea how the beer would do in the first round, I just knew it tasted dang good! Will definitely be entering more next year. Time to start planning my brewing schedule for next year, where I'll definitely be attending! :mug:

Very nice! I rebrewed for finals and thought it was not as good as the beer that got me a second place in first round. I'll accept that I was wrong in that assessment ;) Nice surprise.

Darn. Going to have to wait for her to come back west. I had just started out when it was in San Diego and I have been kicking myself for not going.

San Diego was too much fun. I didn't make it to Baltimore. Minneapolis will depend on my work and circumstances when the time approaches. Would love to go. Great beer city.

Congrats to all of you on this thread who placed!

The awards dinner was pretty disappointing though. Adults throwing food at each other and paper airplanes out of the menus. Not what I expected

Congrats to all of you on this thread who placed!

The awards dinner was pretty disappointing though. Adults throwing food at each other and paper airplanes out of the menus. Not what I expected

In all fairness, a lot of very drunk people and food that kind of deserved to be thrown. The food was awful this year. Last I went in Philly it was better but still disappointing. I won't be doing the banquet again even if I enter the comp.

Either way, let people have their fun.

In all fairness, a lot of very drunk people and food that kind of deserved to be thrown. The food was awful this year. Last I went in Philly it was better but still disappointing. I won't be doing the banquet again even if I enter the comp.

Either way, let people have their fun.

Yes, your right, im not down on the attendess at all, just the conditions,
Between the sound system and the food, people needed to have something to do

Back