That's just CO2... right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleozzy

Reaction score
This is my amber ale, 11 days old. I took a hydro sample two days ago and gave it a gentle swirl to try to get some of the yeast colonies on top to drop out. I took another sample today, and saw this (the clear spot on the right is where I drew today's sample):

The beer tastes fine: the hops have faded a lot since the other day, and left it with a lot of caramel and toasty malt. As far as I can tell, no sourness. Some hot alcohol.

So... ease my mind. The white stuff between the yeast colonies... gotta just be CO2 coming up from the swirling, right?

Rock on... thanks. Just wanted to get some more sets of eyes on it. I haven't seen bubbles like that before, but it didn't really look like anything nasty, either. It's also a little surprising that Notty hasn't dropped out completely, but no big deal. I was going to rack to secondary to free up the primary, but I'll give it a few more days.

Back