thanks for the valuable information!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewertodd

Reaction score
I had two and a half cases of bottles with labels on them. A while back I went and got some brillo pads, and started scrubbing. That lasted two bottles. I figured id just leave them on. Then, I read on here about oxyclean! and not only oxyclean, but the dollar store version so I wasn't spending seven times the money. So, I got some yesterday, and last night I tried doing a six pack and, WOW! within ten minutes, the first label just fell off and floated. Within an hour, five were floating. Went to bed, got up and the last one was floating. Got a rag and wiped off the glue. I just wanted to thank you guys for all the help, and keep the tips comming!

It sure does. I've learned so much on here. I think without this site, id still be using my Mr beer! Lol

homebrewertodd said:
It sure does. I've learned so much on here. I think without this site, id still be using my Mr beer! Lol

Oxy is awesome! I've cleaned at least 20 cases with it. I still use my Mr Beer...........to make my hard cider!!

Hmmm, I didn't even think to look at knock off Oxyclean. Any brand names? Crazy amounts of residue? I wouldn't mind dropping my cost wherever I can.

What I've found is called La awsome oxy cleaner, without bleach. Now, the container is smaller than the tub you get oxy clean in at the store, but I just cleaned almost two cases of bottles, and I still have over half the container left. It works great, and you should have seen what came out of bottles I thought were clean! I'm hooked.

Back