Glue from hell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belated update:

I have a serious weakness for Central Water's Brewer's Reserve beers, so I couldn't resist buying some more... But this time, I absentmindedly picked at the label while the bottle was still cold... and ya know what? The damned thing came right off: no glue-from-hell remaining whatsoever!

So, the good news: I can start buying more Central Water's "Cassian Sunset" AND have nice reusable bottles...
The bad news: ****'s expensive! (but definitely worth it) :drunk:

In theory, everyone one here is an adult, do we really need to censor the English word for caca?

I did not read all the posts, but will say that around here Russian River Brewing Company uses some of the toughest glue that I have run into. 805 and anything from Bear Republic just floats off in a solution of about 1 scoop of Oxiclean and about 3 to 4 gallons of water. I soak them for a few hours and poof, gone and no glue residue. Amazon has bottles on the less expensive side, so if I ever run out I know I can just order 24 or so from them. Some bottles just are not worth the hassle in my mind. Good luck

Belated update:

I have a serious weakness for Central Water's Brewer's Reserve beers, so I couldn't resist buying some more... But this time, I absentmindedly picked at the label while the bottle was still cold... and ya know what? The damned thing came right off: no glue-from-hell remaining whatsoever!

So, the good news: I can start buying more Central Water's "Cassian Sunset" AND have nice reusable bottles...
The bad news: ****'s expensive! (but definitely worth it) :drunk:

In theory, everyone one here is an adult, do we really need to censor the English word for caca?
I find just stopping in for whatever is on tap to really help solve the label problem as well.

Latest posts

Back