Terrapinchef's Big (30 gallon Brew Day) Adventure.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today we had a big brew day at Terrapinchef's house (literally) to brew up 26 gallon batch of Bass Ale clone for his upcoming wedding (which btw, I have the honor of officiating.) This really was quite an adventure, I've never been involved with such a big brew, and it involved some technical challenges, and creativity.

Most of it involved how to get 26 gallons of beer in a 30+ gallon pot to a 30 gallon conical in the basement.

I thought I'd post some pictures that I took with my phone. (Give me a chance to upload them.)

Well I can't get into the remote site to upload my photos, so here's one that Ed shot himself. As soon as I can get them uploaded I will.

Ed's Brother in front of the massive brew kettle. Behind him on the deck is a 15 gallon one that I normally use. Also he used two mashtuns for the grains, the big white one on the deck and the other one on his brewstandin the back.

228604_10150243364086908_514606907_8932857_7038908_n.jpg

Back