Technical BJCP rules question - where do Stewart Points come from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giligson

Reaction score
I am studying for the BJCP exam and looking at points structure and how organizers dole out experience points.
I noted that Stewart points do not come out of the "Staff points" pool. So how many Stewart points are available per competition?

I wish there were a Venn diagram somewhere showing where all these points come from.
The question I'm asking is not so much for the exam - I know that this may be all of one or two points worth of info. I just want to actually understand how these points are supposed to be allocated.

When the organizer fills out the report, the number of points that are awarded depend on the number of entries. The points are then assigned, as you know, based on how many flights were judged by each person.

The number of points given depend on the size of the competition. This page: http://www.bjcp.org/membergd.php#points has the breakdown.

For stewards, the rules are clear: Stewards receive 0.5 non-judging points per day with a maximum of 1.0 points per competition. Participants may not earn both Judge and Steward points in a single competition. Steward points are awarded separately from Staff points and do not come from the Staff point pool shown in Table 1. A program participant may earn both Steward and Staff points.

There is no limit on total steward points, just the .5 per day and 1 per competition limits on individuals.

The only categories for which there are pools of points are organizer and staff points. Judging and steward points are limits on individual volunteers with the caveat that nobody can earn more points than the organizer.

This will not be tested on the exam, btw.

Latest posts

Back