Tasted my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
Well I tasted my first brew from my first batch yesterday. It's only been in the bottle a week and a half but i couldn't wait. The good news is it tastes like beer and it is carbing up. The bad news is that it is still really green. Gonna wait another two weeks until I open another.:eek:

Normally this is where people tell you, "Don't open yet of course it's still green, but it's your first batch so congrats and you seem to understand you opened prematurely so You're good to go. Welcome to the obsession. It begins when you taste a matured bottle and think, "Holy crap, I made THAT!!" Screw the bottle shop!

Congratulations!

Yeah, the first batch or two is the hardest to leave alone and wait for. Once you have a pipeline going and a couple finished beers it gets easier to leave the new ones age for a bit.

Congrats! I know how you feel. My third batch is done today; it was impossible to wait for it. I even snuck one in after two weeks.

I have been brewing for almost 2 years and I am still impatient. I just kegged an English Brown Ale 5 hours ago and I have already drank one glass. If its good...drink it. And it is good!!!

Back