Synergy Brew in Beersmith??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentt03

Reaction score
Hey all! We just got our synergy brew equipment in on Wednesday and we are trying to figure out the specifics to add to beersmith; has anyone done this??

We have 3-40gal kettles (boil, mash, HLT)....

And on the same note, being that the equipment is a 1bbl system; any tips on boil volumes and such? I feel like I am shooting in the dark here! :(

You'll just have to calculate it yourself. Thermal mass equations are hard to translate from one system to another unless they are exactly the same. Your mash tun likely has reflectix on it which changes the equation (I remember their systems had that too).

Better off just figuring out thermal mass with water on your own and then plug it into the software.

My tuns are all the same size too and I wish my HLT was another 1/3 bigger. So, after you strike, fill up and heat the HLT again right away for sparging and subsequent cleaning.

If the MLT is heated you don't need to worry about the thermo mass. Just heat up the tun and water to what it needs to be for the grain.
My 1bbl kettle (55 gallon at 24"dia) will boil off 6 gallons an hour.

If the MLT is heated you don't need to worry about the thermo mass. Just heat up the tun and water to what it needs to be for the grain.
My 1bbl kettle (55 gallon at 24"dia) will boil off 6 gallons an hour.

The MLT is heated; we have a burner under each kettle.

Back