SWMBO and I compromised

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did not break out this morning.

But I was outside unpacking my wife's car the whole time he was out there. She just got back from a 3 day road trip with the dog. So he could hear me moving around outside.

Update:

It appears that I've won the battle of the fence. We can be gone for 3 or 4 hours without him trying to break out. But it does take about 15 minutes for him to settle down when we get back home.

My wife finally got him into our vet. Things the vet said:
- He's about 8 years old and his weight is 95lbs.
- His teeth are worn down because he was probably neglected at a puppy and was a big chewer because of it. (Also explains the seperation anxiety.)
- His rear legs aren't as developed as they should be. It may be because he has a hip problem on the right side. (I think it might also be because of the neglect.)
- his microchip ID was installed in his armpit. The vet recommended having a new one put in at the back of his head.

Next weekend we will see how he does with me brewing in the driveway all day. I'm looking forward to making him some spent grain treats.

I am down to one dog from two. One dog is good, two dogs, a bit much.

A bit of advice- You should probably let your insurance company know about your dog, but when you do, don't claim any knowledge of breed other than "mutt". We have a wonderful, well behaved mutt and I made the mistake of saying he might have some chow-chow in him when I was updating my insurance. The insurance company freaked out and almost dropped me. I had to get my vet to vouch for me.

Latest posts

Back