Switch pin lock with sanke

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayUnt

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building my keezer. It can good three of my pin lock keys. However I don't brew too often to have 3 of my own kegs full. I was thinking about setting one of my taps able to accept a sixtel.

Is there a was to set up the gas and liquid lines to be able to be swapped easily between the two? Or is there a way to have two lines merge into one tap, and have a switch to go between them?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

There are a couple methods, but IMO the cheapest and easiest is to use flare fittings on your corny QD's, and then buy some flare tailpieces to put on your sankey coupler/s.

So use this type of QD-
07C07141.jpg

And buy a set of these for each sankey coupler you want to use-
large-04C03-318.jpg

This way switching between keg types is as easy as unscrewing the flare nuts, and screwing them on to the other type of coupler.

I'm sure you can find someone with a pin lock that would trade with you.

I agree with JuanMoore, I use the MFLs and often times will have a 1/6 bbl on tap next to my ball locks if I haven't had time to brew in a while. A 9/16" wrench is all you need to gently snug the MFLs tight; don't overtighten or you'll crack the plastic. For the all-metal MLF fittings (Juan's second picture above) you'll need the small nylon washers.

Back