Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikeysab said:
Look at it this way....you send out the BEST 200 oz you can get thats not available to your recipient. If he's not grateful, you have one less person to consider for swaps in the future. WINNNNNNN

Eggggsactly

Wow, what a start. Still a day left to join

1) TheMan
2) Mikeysab
3) RedOktoberfest
4) Two_hearted
5) Cathedral
6) milliser
7) val214
8) Initybrew
9) IndyTruks138
10) Thatjonguy
11) Wickman6
12) Mhurst111
13) Grze (exception #1)
14) Cruizer8 (exception #2)
15) Markklug (Exception #3)
16) G-love
17) Dotjerdot
18) Brewbien
19) Tflew
20) Cody6173

And just to reiterate, as long as it's beer your recipient cannot get, it's free game. You CAN send multiples. For example, I hardly think anyone would complain if they got a four pack of Ghandi Bot or Heady Topper, etc. If it's a truly amazing beer, feel free to send multiples. I think most members would prefer variety though. It can get expensive, so if that deters you, feel free to sit out.

I myself use this as an opportunity to buy multiple six packs and ship two of it, like mentioned before haha. "What, Honey, it's for the swap, I had no choice....". I end up stockpiled with awesome beer and my recipient GETS awesome beer.

If you need help, just ask here, everyone that has participated in these swaps (minus one) is all too eager to assist and make things simple and fun.

1) TheMan
2) Mikeysab
3) RedOktoberfest
4) Two_hearted
5) Cathedral
6) milliser
7) val214
8) Initybrew
9) IndyTruks138
10) Thatjonguy
11) Wickman6
12) Mhurst111
13) Grze (exception #1)
16) G-love
17) Dotjerdot
18) Brewbien
19) Tflew
20) Cody6173
21) SamuraiSquirrel

If I wasn't planning a trip to Vermont I would be all over this!!

Second round was great!
See ya guys next one!!

Man, I feel like the kid who sits himself out in gym class! lol

Cheers guys!

I see the last round of swaps had a homebrew/import requirement. I'm assuming it's okay to add some homebrew above and beyond the 200 oz to get feedback. Just checking to see if it was omitted this round on purpose as a requirement

New to this here. So this is basically just I send 3 six packs or some equivelant over 200oz's of local beers or rare beers from near me and I will receive the same back?

I see the last round of swaps had a homebrew/import requirement. I'm assuming it's okay to add some homebrew above and beyond the 200 oz to get feedback. Just checking to see if it was omitted this round on purpose as a requirement

I forgot to add that part. I actually meant to have everyone send a unique condiment this time lol...

Feel free to send all the homebrew you want, its encouraged! Just remember it is not a substitute for the 200 oz.

New to this here. So this is basically just I send 3 six packs or some equivelant over 200oz's of local beers or rare beers from near me and I will receive the same back?

Beer that is not sold where you are sending it. More variety is better. Doesn't have to be rare at all. Most just send normal shelf beer. And yes, someone selected at random sends you the same

I would like to get in on this

Unfortunately I only allow three members under the 100 post mark. You'll have to wait till next round. In the meantime, get that post count up so you don't have to worry about it next time!

Unfortunately I only allow three members under the 100 post mark. You'll have to wait till next round. In the meantime, get that post count up so you don't have to worry about it next time!

That's too bad since I have HT in my cellar right now, plus I already trade alot. I guess I will try to pay attention for next time.

Since the 3 exceptions have been chosen, I would like in on the next one!

Well, its first come first serve for thew swaps. I can't hold spots for future rounds, I've been asked many times haha.

Keep an eye on this thread, i let everyone know when the next round will be about to start

jjadamsfb said:
That's too bad since I have HT in my cellar right now, plus I already trade alot. I guess I will try to pay attention for next time.

Wait in your cellar? Drink fresh broham. Is HT the holy grail lol? I wouldn't depend on next time to be an exemption, post away and you'll have no worries. Getting to 100 was the easiest thing to do.

I don't understand? Can't you jump on a random chat thread and get 100 posts in a day? /thread-jack.

You could, but you would forever be labelled a ****** bag. Letter of the law vs. spirit of the law.

But thanks for giving me a reason to be one post closer. ;)

blizzard said:
I don't understand? Can't you jump on a random chat thread and get 100 posts in a day? /thread-jack.

Oh you can! That to easy though. Welcome to America where everyone expects things to be handed to them. Not trying to be a total ****** but come on.

theichthus said:
You could, but you would forever be labelled a ****** bag. Letter of the law vs. spirit of the law.

But thanks for giving me a reason to be one post closer. ;)

I see your point but you've been a member since 2010. I don't think anyone would know or care when you made the posts. If you had joined just a week ago, that might be different.

Not trying to argue, I just don't think people will give you a hard time if you want to participate.

blizzard said:
i see your point but you've been a member since 2010. I don't think anyone would know or care when you made the posts. If you had joined just a week ago, that might be different.

Not trying to argue, i just don't think people will give you a hard time if you want to participate.

+1

i see your point but you've been a member since 2010. I don't think anyone would know or care when you made the posts. If you had joined just a week ago, that might be different.

Not trying to argue, i just don't think people will give you a hard time if you want to participate.

+2

Can't do this one but just wanted to express interest for another one later down the road! Thanks for organizing.

A box? I never thought of that. I was hoping I could just tape them all together and send them out.

No, I'm wondering how you get around the legality of shipping beer?

A box? I never thought of that. I was hoping I could just tape them all together and send them out.

No, I'm wondering how you get around the legality of shipping beer?

Unless you plan on telling them your shipping beer I don't know how they would know your shipping beer. I've shipped a lot of books and car parts but never any beer ;-)

NIZZLE said:
Unless you plan on telling them your shipping beer I don't know how they would know your shipping beer. I've shipped a lot of books and car parts but never any beer ;-)

No matter the size of the box, it's always electronics lol!

I'm interested, but wondering how everyone ships them.

1. Get box
2. Line bottom of box with newspaper
3. Put garbage bag in box
4. Wrap each bottle in bubble wrap with a SINGLE piece of tape
5. Place bottles inside garbage bag in box
6. Seal garbage bag
7. Stuff paper into the sides and top of box so tight that nothing can move
8. Take beer to favorite carrier (Don't tell them whats inside)
9. Pay for shipping and receive receipt
10. Give tracking number to recipient

A slight edit to ensure success

1. Get box
1a. Have a homebrew
2. Line bottom of box with newspaper
3. Put garbage bag in box
4. Wrap each bottle in bubble wrap with a SINGLE piece of tape
5. Place bottles inside garbage bag in box
6. Seal garbage bag
7. Stuff paper into the sides and top of box so tight that nothing can move
8. Take beer to favorite carrier (Don't tell them whats inside)
9. Pay for shipping and receive receipt
10. Give tracking number to recipient

Not on topic with the current swap, but would anyone want to/ have the ability to swap a bunch of yeast strains that they have in your fridge? Is that too difficult for most? It would be cheap and an awesome score when received. Would this be the place to do that or just hit someone up person to person? Would probably only send out 2-3 different strains. Sour cultures welcome? I have pure cultures of fresh Pacman, ultra high gravity ale, and French saison yeasts at the moment. Would love to try more if others are interested.

Not on topic with the current swap, but would anyone want to/ have the ability to swap a bunch of yeast strains that they have in your fridge? Is that too difficult for most? It would be cheap and an awesome score when received. Would this be the place to do that or just hit someone up person to person? Would probably only send out 2-3 different strains. Sour cultures welcome? I have pure cultures of fresh Pacman, ultra high gravity ale, and French saison yeasts at the moment. Would love to try more if others are interested.

I think this is a cool idea. Maybe better suited for cooler weather in the winter? Definitely a cool idea though. You wouldn't want to trade with me unless you want Cal ale, notty, or belle saison.

Latest list:

1) TheMan
2) Mikeysab
3) RedOktoberfest
4) Two_hearted
5) Cathedral
6) milliser
7) val214
8) Initybrew
9) IndyTruks138
10) Thatjonguy
11) Wickman6
12) Mhurst111
13) Grze (exception #1)
16) G-love
17) Dotjerdot
18) Brewbien
19) Tflew
20) Cody6173
21) samuraiSquirrel
22) brewmeister13
23) jeepguy

There have been a few questions via pm and on the thread about shipping. Here is a link to a HBT primer on shipping beer:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tutorial-shipping-beer-93042/

Please keep in mind if your box gets broken and is undeliverable, you are responsible for RESHIPPING another 200 oz. AND the payment to ship again! So, to put it in perspective, $10-15 in shipping supplies to ensure safe delivery is nothing compared to buying 400 oz. of beer and shipping twice.

My quick and simple advice, bubble wrap every bottle. And stuff packing paper all around the sides of the box. Hold it shut, shake it, if you hear anything move then you need more packing material. Rinse, Repeat.

Last side note, I'll be closing this in about an hour or two. All you last second entries can still get in!

Yeah not packing well enough stinks. Learned that the first time and had to rebuy and reship. Luckily my recipient was patient.

Back