Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad I don't live in one of the craft Meccas. Most of the best local beer here isn't bottled or even canned. Fortunately, my guy doesn't have access to some of my favorites.

Man y'all are moving quick. I'm going to need this week to get all of my shopping done. I do have some stuff in my personal stash that I'll be sending, though. I just got back from VT last week, so my recipient is going to get a couple of heady toppers. Not local, but I don't think he'll complain. :p

g-love said:
Man y'all are moving quick. I'm going to need this week to get all of my shopping done. I do have some stuff in my personal stash that I'll be sending, though. I just got back from VT last week, so my recipient is going to get a couple of heady toppers. Not local, but I don't think he'll complain. :p

No I won't mind at all!

:fingers crossed:

I'm confused. I thought this was anti-local. Like, I can't get Founders in Colorado, but someone in Virginia can, even though the brewery is in michigan. So that person would send me Founders since I cant get it here. I could be wrong, I don't know. I don't even know why I am still typing. Do you believe in other realms? I wonder what kind of beer you could find in the outer parts of the universe. Anyways, cheers! Hopefully I can get in on this on the next round!

Good beers for my new west coast friend. Founders, Bells, New Holland, Fat Heads... and the list goes on. I'll ship Monday and I know it will take four days so someone will have over 200 oz of new beer by Friday!

Just got done with my shopping. I am counting oz and realized all 200 oz are ipa's! Wait I did grab 1 sour and 1 stout. Hmm.... I hope my recipient likes ipa's.

My wife didn't kill me when I returned home with three cases of beer so I think I am doing something right.

val214 said:
Maybe I should start drink some of these bad boys. I will leave the sour for the trade.

I'll take whatever IPAs you don't drink tonight. And the stout. Hell throw the sour in there too! :D

I'd be very happy to be your recip!!

coldcrash said:
I'll take whatever IPAs you don't drink tonight. And the stout. Hell throw the sour in there too! :D

I'd be very happy to be your recip!!

It's tuff not to send awesome ipa's when there are so many out here in CA. I guess i can get more sours. I need to start drinking some of the beers you sent me from the the second trade. That Deep Seas Plank II was a delicious and complex.

Going to hit the shops Wednesday and take a look around my cellar. Planning on sending a nice verity in all styles of beer. Some bombers, cans, bottles, sending it all.

Went to ship my package today. Handed the guy at FedEx the package and it made a distinctive sloshing sound.

"What type of liquid are you shipping today," he said cheerfully.

"Cologne," I replied after far too long of a pause.

Yep, that's gonna work. I'm shipping a 25 lb box of cologne. Long story short, I've got to drive to a different FedEx tomorrow that is farther away and try to come up with a better cover liquid than cologne.

Went to ship my package today. Handed the guy at FedEx the package and it made a distinctive sloshing sound.

Yep, that's gonna work. I'm shipping a 25 lb box of cologne. Long story short, I've got to drive to a different FedEx tomorrow that is farther away and try to come up with a better cover liquid than cologne.

That IS hilarious, but you might want to repack. If it is sloshing, it might not make the journey.

brewmeister13 said:

Just a word if advise. To mask the sloshing sound I've thrown in Easter eggs filled with jelly beans, boxes of pasta, boxes of candy (nerds, tic tacs) etc. to mask the sloshing sound! Hope that helps! Good luck!

That IS hilarious, but you might want to repack. If it is sloshing, it might not make the journey.

I think my problem is that they are all on their sides. They'd most likely make it (they are super snug in bubble wrap), but I'll probably stand them up in a different box to reduce the sound a bit.

Just a word if advise. To mask the sloshing sound I've thrown in Easter eggs filled with jelly beans, boxes of pasta, boxes of candy (nerds, tic tacs) etc. to mask the sloshing sound! Hope that helps! Good luck!

This was super advice, thanks. If it weren't for the next poster, I probably would have gone this route.

I always say that it's olive oil.

Pure genius. I couldn't think of a liquid worth shipping. Olive Oil it is!

He refused to take the shipment or you decided not to leave it with them?

Be gentle next time!! You shouldnt hear liquid thru a couple inchs of insulation if packed right!!

Yoy guys just need to print the label off at home, apply to the box and drop off at a pick up location.

I'm lucky to have an old hippy at my ups store who alwys takes the answer "it's a gift set". Never asks what kind and I never technically lied because it is my gift of beer for all to enjoy.

Just did my shopping. Got some of the best of Michigan and Ohio. Some sours and big IPAs and a few little local guys to spread the love. Dropped a **** load of dough on some $24 4 packs and $15 bombers, but I got too excited to showcase some awesome midwest beers.

Just did my shopping. Got some of the best of Michigan and Ohio. Some sours and big IPAs and a few little local guys to spread the love. Dropped a **** load of dough on some $24 4 packs and $15 bombers, but I got too excited to showcase some awesome midwest beers.

Here's hoping to be your recipient!

Just an FYI. If your not worried about the leaving your CC on file troll then you can open an online fedex account and print labels at home.
Not sure if its a contiuous discount or what but i find that after a couple months after opening the account its a lot cheaper to ship to the same destination than it was in the begginging.

I can get a 20pd package from NY to CA in 5-6 buisness days fedex ground and only pay 15-20$
As well a 7-8 pd package for 8-10$

Plus like others have said it elimintaes the "what the eff are you trying to ship??" questions
Just print it at home and drop it off at one of there pick up locations!

Just an FYI. If your not worried about the leaving your CC on file troll then you can open an online fedex account and print labels at home.
Not sure if its a contiuous discount or what but i find that after a couple months after opening the account its a lot cheaper to ship to the same destination than it was in the begginging.

I can get a 20pd package from NY to CA in 5-6 buisness days fedex ground and only pay 15-20$
As well a 7-8 pd package for 8-10$

Plus like others have said it elimintaes the "what the eff are you trying to ship??" questions
Just print it at home and drop it off at one of there pick up locations!

Does it show you the price before you get to the final print stage? I signed up last week and it never showed a price until the final print part, and it wanted $8 for a 1 lb package, I didn't end up shipping so it didn't charge, I just hate having to go that far to see a price.

What i was told at the drop off location is that you can print 400 labels but they only charge you once the package is scanned in for drop off.

Or i misunderstood your question and no the only time i see a price is when i go to print the label and can "review" my recipt

Damn, 1 pound?! I would toss it in a usps box and ship it for 5$. Thats the thing fedex and ups are for large packages and actually charge more when its under a certain weight/size

swap_o_rama_gone.png

I sent out my 200oz of "water filtration samples" today. Someone will have a present on Friday!

Back