Support for kegerator shank in door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmskis

Reaction score
I am looking to stiffen up the kegerator door where the shank passes through. Any ideas how to do this without taking the entire door apart and inserting a piece of wood or something? Does spray foam dry hard enough to allow me to tighten the shank against it? Just looking for some inputs. Thanks

The expanding foam should work theroy, but the door should already be insulated.

If you do go foam, get the large gap filler type and hope it sticks and doesn't fall if the door is hollow.

I made a washer out of flat bar aluminum. It makes a larger footprint for the nut up against the refrigerator door. I was able to tighten enough to have no movement in my faucet. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399400803.887043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The door is insulated. It is just not very form insulation and snugging up the shank the insulation does not allow a firm faucet shank assembly. I just want something a little more sturdy to tighten against. I might end up having to take the door apart a little no matter what to do it right. Unless I can clear some insulation away to make room for some spray foam. That would also alleviate the problem of the foam not sticking and sliding down as the insulation would hold it in place.

Back