Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Sunday morning all. We had a wonderful Independence Day celebration with family, friends, neighbors, bbq chicken and an ample amount of beer and cider for all. The weather was fantastic, sunny with temps in the upper 70's and only one sprinkle just about the time we all sat down to eat.

Horseshoes were thrown, kids were chased, and ample amounts of beer were consumed. A fire was started, fireworks were lit, and an ample amount of beer was consumed. Stories and jokes were told, and retold, the fire was tended and more than ample amounts of beer were consumed.

Now it's the morning after and I am looking out my window at the mess in my yard, firework wrappers everywhere, bottles and cans strewn about, tables, tents and chairs that all need tending to, not to mention the mountain of dirty dishes in the sink and an even larger mountain of leftovers filling 3 full sized refrigerators( yes, the empty space in my beer frige, made by the ample consumption of beer was pressed into service to keep food cold :eek::eek::eek:)

We truly had a wonderful time, and I would like to take the time to say Thank You to all who have served this country, passed, present, and future, for what ever their contribution has been, be it large or small. Salute!

Now does anyone want to come over and help with the clean up? Sausage and cheese omelettes with homefries for breakfast and lots of chicken for later, and still plenty of cold beer. :rockin:

I hope everyone had as good a day as we did yesterday, and that today turns out just as good.:mug:

I would help, but I'd have a long drive first. I'm thinking dinner would be more on schedule. It sounds like you had a lovely day. We did too. Visited friends at their house on the beach, bonfire, fireworks, craft beer, really good company. Happy Birthday USA!

Happy Sunday to all. Today is going to be the worse end to a great weekend. rather than enjoying the weather, playing with our girl, and squeezing in a brew session this evening, i get to cover our night shift tonight.
I don't sleep well through the day, and didn't stay up all night last night to force the issue. For some strange reason I have a sinking suspicion that I won't be the most pleasant boss around say, 2-3 am....
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will be posting from Topsail NC next Sunday.

Made waffles for the family. This time I tried reducing the baking powder from 3 tsp to 2 tsp because my Doc wants me to cut my salt. And that change knocked off about 100mg of sodium off per Belgain waffle.

But they aren't as thick or fluffy. Bastards.

The rest of the day is laundry and hopefully my ex-housemate will be coming over and getting more of the crap he left here. He has incentive, it's the only way I'm giving him the cable box and router he needs to turn back into Comcast.

Spending my Sunday driving to the summer house to meet up with my family for a week. Spent the morning fighting off a hangover and packing everything.

Spent the morning cleaning up the house and recovering a bit from the night before. Then the afternoon was spent riding dirt bikes with my boys. Great weekend!

Church - I teach the 1st - 3rd grade Sunday School class.

I never would have asked to teach the kids of that age but I've enjoyed it, mostly.

So, the brewing only occurs on Saturday mornings.

I'm getting ready to take my new, to me, MG to the neighbors house and use his lift to get a good look at the undercarriage for the first time. Then maybe the wife and I will enjoy a cruise with the top down before getting after some garden weeds. There might even be time for a game or two of horseshoes and a few homebrews before the day is done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. :)

It is day one of our vacation in Topsail NC. Looking out the window it looks like it is going to be a really nice morning. Had to mop up a lake of melted ice that has leaked out of the cool brewing cooler, so job 1 after breakfast will be getting more ice to keep the corny of Kölsch cold.
My to do list after that is as follows:
1. Nothing
2. Relax
3. Day drink?
4. Brush sand out of places it should not go.
5. Avoid becoming an episode on next years "Shark Week".
6. Revisit items 1 and 2 (make sure they were done properly)
7. Find a source for our seafood dinner
8. Continue to perfect items 1 and 2.

9. Oh almost forgot, spend quality time with SWMBO's (9mo baby girl and wife)

Here is a pic of the view here on the couch

WIN_20150712_072821.JPG

I got the bad news from the AHA publisher yesterday. Basically, if I was writing my memoirs, it " might work". Just feeling gutted after all that work on my 1st HB book. Was on first re-write of 2nd book, only to find I have to completely restructure both books. Apparently, technical stereo instruction-like writing is the preferred structure. They didn't say a word about all the history & digging out old styles. They said I wasn't really adding anything. Too much story telling as applies to the beers & not enough truck loads of brand new beer stuff. I'm at a loss at the moment...:(

I got the bad news from the AHA publisher yesterday. Basically, if I was writing my memoirs, it " might work". Just feeling gutted after all that work on my 1st HB book. Was on first re-write of 2nd book, only to find I have to completely restructure both books. Apparently, technical stereo instruction-like writing is the preferred structure. They didn't say a word about all the history & digging out old styles. They said I wasn't really adding anything. Too much story telling as applies to the beers & not enough truck loads of brand new beer stuff. I'm at a loss at the moment...:(

Suck, man. Sorry. The book sounds interesting.

Speaking of suck, preparing the food for the MIL's memorial service.

I did nothing yesterday, spent the day watching movies with both kids in my lap, would not of had it any other way.

However, today I am prepping to do yard work and try to get my site up for my openers.

Yesterday I rebuilt my trailer, re did the axle ends, greased the bearings, put all new wood in the bottom and sides and built a new tailgate. Then I moved on to doing the brakes on my truck. All this after seeing the minions movie with my wife. Today its church and then some inside time prepping the floor to my brew room in the basement. Probably going to work on getting the 240 volt into the panel.

That sucks. Good luck.

Today I'm just recovering from yesterday's brew session and lugging around 12.75 gallons of water and 9.5 gallons of finished beer.

If I do many more +8 gallon brew days, I need to invest in some pumps.

Back at work. It's a good thing I get paid double for O/T. Did the smoker/ brewer thing yesterday with bacon wraped pork loin and 6 gallons of octoberfest lager.,

Spent the morning packing my car up, saying goodbye to my kids for a week or so, then driving 8 hours home. Vacation was good, but I hate coming back to reality.

Me too, public education... Got a porter on the to-do list for Sunday. Wanted to get it done this week but am still remodeling the new room.

Working again this morning. After work it'll be watering the lawn, doing laundry and some grillin' & chillin'. Had to postpone yesterday's grillin' & chillin' due to having to stay late at work to solve some major operational problems; at least it's all overtime for yesterday & today. Only 5 more hours to go.
Hope everybody has a great day!
Regards, GF.

Starting off slow, listing to Loreena Mckennitt - The Book of Secrets. There is much to do today. Mowing, grocery shopping, weeding, and assorted other indoor/outdoor chores are all on the "hope-to-do" list. We'll see how soon I can drag my ass out of this chair and get started.

I predict a 50% success rate at crossing things off the list, because I'm sure at some point today margaritas, or something equally distracting, will happen.

Church, rewire the trailer, get the brew panel mounted on the wall, start wiring the panel, go get 10 gallons of SURLY wort!

It's a bright and sunny Sunday morning here in western New York, already 77*, and promising to near the 90* mark. Strong thundershowers with heavy winds, rains, and flash flooding are a possibility this afternoon. Sunday's seem to be the day this year for weather events.

I picked the first of our fresh blue berries from the garden yesterday and we are going to have some blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Just as soon as I get all my chickens fed and watered.

We had my wife's family reunion and a graduation party to attend yesterday, and my family's to go to today. If there is some time left somewhere I need to bottle a rye pale ale that is way past due.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

:mug:

8:28 am. Sitting at my desk at work studying IDEM Rule 6 storm water reporting requirements while classic country gospel music plays on the radio.
Chest cold with scary painful cough migrated to my head while I slept last nite.
Blah

Brunch with my folks in 3 hours. Two celebrations going on: my birthday and her "second birthday", the anniversary of her double lung transplant.

Haven't brewed for too long, and spent yesterday in leisurely prep for same. Plugged in the controller for my recirculating system and it told me that room temp was 569F! My notes would burn at F451, so that was out.

Today, I want to take control from the controller and see if I can operate the electrical system manually. This could be a disaster, or it could be quite cool if it actually works.

About to take the kids over to the lab, and walk about campus for a bit. Get some openers ready for shipment.

Also smoking some chicken this afternoon. Good day.

Back