Summit rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking we should start referring to our summits as something else to attract less attention. Something similar like peak, zenith, apex, climax, or crest. The last two would make it a "C" hop which I find fitting. Or something stupid like Tangerine Mountain.
Kip
I am still interested if anyone has summit growing and thriving, I will pay for shipping if anyone can help. Thanks.
Anyone get any feed back on those Climax hop rhizomes...
I would be intrested in trading to receive a few of those rhizomes.
We have a very small hop yard in the southern Yosemite mountains.
We have 88 different varieties of hops. 1/4 acre is what we grow currently. The majority of the hops are dedicated to aroma / duel purpose hops that do well in warmer dryer climates. Most of are hops are grown on low trellises 11 ft being the highest. We have only 1 dwarf hops
Most of them are neo Mexican and old world heritage hops with C hops and a few New Zealand hops mixed In.
Most of the varietals that are not grown in the hop yard are English and German hops. (Vf) mothers for cloning for an eventual breeding program. We love growing hops here and love the variety that is out there. We are starting a small brewery In our small town and trying to utilize as much fresh ingredients from our own farm as much as possible.

I am very Interested in any low trellis hop. If anyone on this forum would trade me a climax hop I would provide what ever hop that we grow.
Thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon.

I think those Summit rhizomes out in the wild are few, if there's any left, and those who'd have them would probably not want to advertise it.

I'm working on some dwarf hops myself, but these things take time. Lots of testing left to do still.

oh you mean Climax hops wink wink.
I understand trying to keep ones anonymity especially with said hops.
;)
You can contact me at [email protected] if anyone would like to trade.

The dwarf hop I have propagated and use successfully are the pocket talisman. Decent fruity flavor decent yield (not an easy hop to propagate)
Other than that we've had relatively decent success with all the hops we've grown between 11' and 12' trellis.
Our hop yard started with all of the classic noble hops and the various "C"hops.
Once we expanded our hop yard we are focused on aroma hops that portray mango, stone fruit, tropical, peach pit apricot. Ect.

We do trials with all 88 of the hops that are grown here to see what different regional hops do in the Mountains and foot hills of the Sierra. And how these hops flavors, essential oils, esters, and terpenes differ from the regions they are traditionally grown in.

Any dwarf hops that any of you fine folks have that are vigorously growing please contact us.
Or if anyone has some hop varietals that we maybe intrested in please feel free to contact us
Thanks for your time
Hop To It!

Back