Summer Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waynep005

Reaction score
Since it has already been in the mid to high 90's in Sacramento I am drinking and making beers I like to have in the summer. I have some citra pale ale, just botled a wheat ale, and have a belgian pale ale fermenting. I was wondering what types of beers people like to have in the hot summer months. I am always looking for the next style to make.

I'm enjoying a black berry wit currently. Along with my belgian pale ale. Orange summer wheat is conditioning too.

I just bottled my blonde ale, and have a nut brown in the carboy now. Doing an Irish red as soon as the nut brown is done.

I love drinking IPAs in the summer..in particular, a beer I've made that is similar to DFH Hellhound on My Ale (basically an IPA with hint of lemon)

edit: I love drinking IPAs year round, just particularly enjoy a hint of lemon in the summer.

Got a organic blonde(15gallons) kegging a hef(20 gallons) this weekend, and going to brew another hef mid summer...
That should me over for a bit...

I currently have a pale ale with a bunch of citra that is going to be a great summer beer. I also have a wildflower wheat with chamomile and honey in bottles. I also brewed a belgian table beer that came out at like 3.5% abv, I just kegged half. I also brewed a blonde ale that will get hit with strawberries in secondary, a Sam Adams summer ale like beer, and a Mothership Wit clone. I am really trying to commit to just drinking my homebrew unless its a special high abv beer or a mix 6 pack to get an idea of a style I plan to brew.

i was golfing in davis on saturday (hot) and we were drinking my homebrew; cream of three crops (imperial style), an esb and a scottish 60.

the scottish 60 was way more refreshing than i realized and at 3.5% it was a welcome addition.

Mmmmm, saison. Great style to drink AND brew in the warmer months. American wheat, APA, IPA, mild, blonde, ciders....all good summertime sippers, for me at least

Latest posts

Back