Summer Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waynep005

Reaction score
Since it has already been in the mid to high 90's in Sacramento I am drinking and making beers I like to have in the summer. I have some citra pale ale, just botled a wheat ale, and have a belgian pale ale fermenting. I was wondering what types of beers people like to have in the hot summer months. I am always looking for the next style to make.

I'm enjoying a black berry wit currently. Along with my belgian pale ale. Orange summer wheat is conditioning too.

I just bottled my blonde ale, and have a nut brown in the carboy now. Doing an Irish red as soon as the nut brown is done.

I love drinking IPAs in the summer..in particular, a beer I've made that is similar to DFH Hellhound on My Ale (basically an IPA with hint of lemon)

edit: I love drinking IPAs year round, just particularly enjoy a hint of lemon in the summer.

Got a organic blonde(15gallons) kegging a hef(20 gallons) this weekend, and going to brew another hef mid summer...
That should me over for a bit...

I currently have a pale ale with a bunch of citra that is going to be a great summer beer. I also have a wildflower wheat with chamomile and honey in bottles. I also brewed a belgian table beer that came out at like 3.5% abv, I just kegged half. I also brewed a blonde ale that will get hit with strawberries in secondary, a Sam Adams summer ale like beer, and a Mothership Wit clone. I am really trying to commit to just drinking my homebrew unless its a special high abv beer or a mix 6 pack to get an idea of a style I plan to brew.

i was golfing in davis on saturday (hot) and we were drinking my homebrew; cream of three crops (imperial style), an esb and a scottish 60.

the scottish 60 was way more refreshing than i realized and at 3.5% it was a welcome addition.

Mmmmm, saison. Great style to drink AND brew in the warmer months. American wheat, APA, IPA, mild, blonde, ciders....all good summertime sippers, for me at least

Back