Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boshog

Reaction score
Served my first batch of home few to guests yesterday and they really liked it. Bought the kit from Midwest and brewed the Liberty Pale Ale. I thought it came out really well.

I followed the recipe exactly and I think it tastes just like Flying Dod Doggie Style which happens to be a favorite. I'm stoked! :mug:

Yeah my first batch came out pretty light and tasteless, but beer nonetheless. Friends loved it. Since then, I've gone hop-crazy and have been messing around with differnet malts, yeasts, and wheat and all that business. Most of them don't like it, the BMC-loving scum that they are.

More beer for me!

Congrats....

Now you can brew more. Get a good pipeline going. This hobby is very addicting.

Enjoy your brew.

Congrats man, always good when people like your beer... but when they start draining your pipeline all too often it can be a curse! lol.

Yesterday for Thanksgiving I took my Weizenbock to my mother's house. Everyone so far has loooved my Weizenbock but my mother is not a beer drinker by any means, though she's loved my hefe's and Belgian Wit's. Surprisingly she liked it, drank her whole glass too which is rare. At one point while eating and talking she took a sip and stopped to say, "This is a good beer" without me even asking and this was like halfway through.

The funny thing... my brother drinks watery crap beer. His favorite beer is Rolling Rock. I had him taste it before pouring him one and the look on his face was priceless. He made a funny scowl and said, "It's too flavorful, there are too many flavors competing" LMFAO. I said, "Flavorful is the point!". The flavors definitely don't compete, he just isn't familiar with much outside of watery american lagers. Sam Adams Lager is the furthest he goes.

Anyway, enough of my banter. Congrats again! Trust me, over time with them loving your beer you will eventually love it when they hate it!! :D

Rev.

Latest posts

Back