Suarez Family Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pils, American hopped lager, hoppy wheat pale, spelt pale, Australian hopped session ale, Dry hopped session ale. I completely forget the names, but that's the gist. There may be one I'm missing, someone feel free to correct me.

Just wanted to bump this thread.

Spoke with Dan Suarez briefly at the Shelton Bros. Fest. I had never met him before but heard he was an extremely nice guy. Can confirm, excellent dude.

Also, any idea when we might see a bottle release? I'm looking forward to having an excuse to drive up from NJ again.

Dan told me about the taco idea when he first got the location... hope it comes to fruition!
The pretzels they had on hand two weeks ago were AMAZING. And that was after someone who worked there saying they were made by the next door neighbor from Cologne Germany and yet that particular batch was probably his least favorite. I can't even imagine how great the "better" ones are.

For me it's a 60 minute commute through beautiful farm land, once you get outside of Poughkeepsie. I was talking to Dan's wife briefly the other day and she was shocked that I was driving up from PK, and said that she was pleased to hear they have fans making the drive multiple times.

Anyone wanna send me 2-3 bottles for hill shelfies? I reeeeally wanna try these.
I'd guess at 45 minutes from work I'm probably one of the closest guys to Suarez on here.

Good chance I head down there after work on Wednesday, if I do I could grab one of each of you as a c+s + label if you want.

I'd like to limit it to that to enable other frequenters of this thread to get in on this if they want, Os, anyone else?
Anyone wanna send me 2-3 bottles for hill shelfies? I reeeeally wanna try these.

I'd guess at 45 minutes from work I'm probably one of the closest guys to Suarez on here.

Good chance I head down there after work on Wednesday, if I do I could grab one of each of you as a c+s + label if you want.

I'd like to limit it to that to enable other frequenters of this thread to get in on this if they want, Os, anyone else?

that'd be awesome. I'm hoping to go up Friday but it's still in the air

Any chance I could get in on this as well as I don't think that I'm going to be able to make it up this week either? Thank you for considering and if you want you could probably consolidate into one box (as long as Os is ok with it.)

Just dropped off some Brick & Feather beers off to Dan. Turns out he and Lawrence (owner/ brewer of B&F) are friends, and hadn't had a chance to really try each other's beers. Stoked I was able to get each of them growlers.

Excellent as always experience at Suarez Family Brewery last night.

First impressions of these first two bottled beers:

Triangular Nature: Buckwheat Saison fermented in oak with Saison Yeast + Brett (no bacteria) - Dry but full bodied. Fruity, soft, rounded flavors. Really like the bottle over the draft version of the same batch I had a few months back.

100ft North: Mixed fermentation Saison with wheat fermented in oak with Saison Yeast + Brett + Bugs - Wow. Right in the feels. Great level of tartness. Again, the bottle takes the draft version and elevates it. I'm going to drink a lot of this.

Should be bottles available on Friday for anyone thinking of going. Traffic through the brewery will probably determine if they're around Saturday still. More bottled offerings to come....

More bottled offerings to come....
source.gif

Back