Suarez Family Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried as a media embed and it said this is not allowed. Shrug

I just did a link embed from Instagram and had no problem. If this continues for you, please make a post up in the Support area so we don't derail this thread. Thanks,

(Link to media)

Popped a few fruited bottles this afternoon. At risk of sounding hyperbolic, I don’t know that I’ve ever had better fruited beers. They’re all so well balanced. Often times these types of beers are far too acidic for me, and that’s just not the case here.

I think what you're experiencing is the magic of whole, quality fruit. Tons of producers forego the use of whole fruit due to its complications and tedious processing, but beers with whole fruit easily stand out. Tons of guys use puree'd stuff in a can, and that shows as well. Also, Dan is a wizard.

Trying to head out to Suarez next week - saw Local Boy is being released. Been a long while since I’ve last made the trip. Do the bottles still hang around for a bit?

Interested in getting some Suarez saison/wild ales but don’t have too much knowledge as to rarity/availability/taste consensus of their releases. Don’t want to be foolish and/or overreaching about what to ask for; any tldr advice would be appreciated.

Interested in getting some Suarez saison/wild ales but don’t have too much knowledge as to rarity/availability/taste consensus of their releases. Don’t want to be foolish and/or overreaching about what to ask for; any tldr advice would be appreciated.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't speak Secondary Market Homie, but irrespective of batch numbers, I believe it sort of goes like this:

Most .rar - Domain

Then Leifer (the rhubarb beer), and "Vintage" (which I think really just means some sort of more premium blend? I forget) versions of country beers (Call to Mind, 100 ft. North)

Then all the other fruit beers (Merkel, Parlance, Summer Woah...I think that's the rest)

Then pretty much all of the rotating country beers except for 100 ft. North and Triangular Nature, which I think are produced more frequently, and also Kinda Classic, which isn't a country beer but is very tasty and refreshing

Then 100 ft. North and Triangular Nature

Then the less frequently seen canned offerings, which I think is just Cabana Pils and Fine Line Kolsch

Then depending on your preference, cans of Palatine Pils or Qualify Pils

Least .rar - Then the remaining non-sour/saison/fruit beer draft offerings

I hope this has been in some way helpful.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't speak Secondary Market Homie, but irrespective of batch numbers, I believe it sort of goes like this:

Most .rar - Domain

Then Leifer (the rhubarb beer), and "Vintage" (which I think really just means some sort of more premium blend? I forget) versions of country beers (Call to Mind, 100 ft. North)

Then all the other fruit beers (Merkel, Parlance, Summer Woah...I think that's the rest)

Then pretty much all of the rotating country beers except for 100 ft. North and Triangular Nature, which I think are produced more frequently, and also Kinda Classic, which isn't a country beer but is very tasty and refreshing

Then 100 ft. North and Triangular Nature

Then the less frequently seen canned offerings, which I think is just Cabana Pils and Fine Line Kolsch

Then depending on your preference, cans of Palatine Pils or Qualify Pils

Least .rar - Then the remaining non-sour/saison/fruit beer draft offerings

I hope this has been in some way helpful.

Perfect, thank you!

Heading up next Saturday and couldn't be more excited

Any toddler friendly lunch recommendations in the area? Looking to grab food around noon-ish before heading over to Suarez. From a quick search in the thread, it seems Gaskins is a good restaurant in the area but doesn't look to be open for lunch. Papa's Best is just a truck right? No seating?

edit: http://www.suarezfamilybrewery.com/faq was helpful but still up for recs

Any toddler friendly lunch recommendations in the area? Looking to grab food around noon-ish before heading over to Suarez. From a quick search in the thread, it seems Gaskins is a good restaurant in the area but doesn't look to be open for lunch. Papa's Best is just a truck right? No seating?

edit: http://www.suarezfamilybrewery.com/faq was helpful but still up for recs

Papa's Best has I think 3 or 4 picnic tables, at least one of which is in the shade. I think there's a craft fair some weekends inside the barn on the property as well, but I don't know what the schedule is like.

Papa's Best has I think 3 or 4 picnic tables, at least one of which is in the shade. I think there's a craft fair some weekends inside the barn on the property as well, but I don't know what the schedule is like.

I think the farm may just be the winner in general. Seems like a bunch of good food there. Maybe pick some strawberries with the kiddo

Back