Stupid "brewing?" mistake....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, not actually brewing. I was transferring my Nut Brown Ale to secondary to make it more clear. I am going to harvest the yeast so I had a pot of water with a couple of mason jars in the kitchen sink with cold water running it to cool the water. I got distracted, on this forum, and left the water running. :rolleyes: I am in the basement and the next thing I know I hear a waterfall. :eek: The water had run across the floor and found its way out at the wall and came into the basement, finished room.:eek: Fortunately for me it came out at a beam that is covered with a Formica type of paneling and was falling on a vinyl tile floor so no serious damage. Another fortunate thing was that the swamp cooler, now empty except for a couple of inches of water was nearby, pulled it over to capture the waterfall.
Good side effect is that the kitchen floor is now somewhat cleaner - at least in the middle...
Well I'd just relax and have a home brew but none of them are cooled...:(
:mug:

Looks like you learned an important lesson...

Keep plenty of homebrew cool and ready to drink at a moment's notice!

Back