Stuck Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmedic

Reaction score
Hey fellow brewers! I'm stuck on this Lager Im trying to do. Its an all grain Premium American Lager, my batch size is 5 gallons and my OG came in to high at 1.070. Like any beer I always make a starter with liquid yeast in this case it was WLP940 Mexican Lager yeast. I made a big starter 2L worth thinking I would be ok. I pitched it once the wort was @ 60F then set me thermo to 50F. After 5 days and no activity I went to my LHBS to ask and the manager said to raise the temp to 60F and see what happends, and if nothing re pitch another starter. This time I used Saflager because they didn't have the white labs. Now its 7 days in and still my OG is at 1.070? I'm lost people!

60 degrees for 7 days and the gravity has not dropped? at those temps i'd wonder if a lager would be any good. what are you using to measure the gravity?

Back