sticky perlick??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybrewer09

Reaction score
I have a problem with my perlick 525PC. I purchased three of these faucets a little over a month ago and installed them in my keezer. One of the faucets was not used until last week and it sticks open. When you pull the handle forward it works fine, but when you close it you have to be really conscious to make sure its pushed all the way back or it will continue to drip. My other 2 faucets work wonderful.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation and what might possibly be wrong and how to fix it.
thanks in advance.

I have tried that. I took it apart and cleaned it last night. It still wont shut off.
when you push if to the off position it moves back forward just enough to drip.
like i siad, this is a brand new faucet. It has been hooked up for less than a week.

chrome facets tend to do that.. the ss ones do not for some reason. if i would you i would get in contact to the place you bought them from and see if they can do anything for you, like see if they would take the crome ones back and pay the difference for the stainless steel ones

You didn't by any chance take them apart to clean them did you?

When I upgraded my kegerator I took apart my perlicks to soak. Once I put them back together it was very tricky to get one of them aligned again to get it to stop leaking.

If so I would play around with rotating the ball/lever and keep trying.

If not, contact the vendor.

I didn't take it apart till last night. I hooked them up ran Sanitizer through them thats when i noticed it dripped. I took it apart last night cleaned it best i could and put it back together. It feels like its hitting a rubber gasket or something.

Guess i may call kegconnection and see if they can help.

Well i emailed kegconnection last night to see if they could give me some advice on how to fix my faucet.
i got an email from them today, they apologized for my problem and are shipping me a new faucet.
i will definitely be ordering from them again!!!!!

Latest posts

Back