Startup Brewpub... Life is about to get awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBug

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My partner and I are currently working on opening a 7-10bbl brewpub. Our goal is to be open by this time next year. We are just getting started on our business plan and will blogging about our progress throughout the endeavor at

www.bigbugbrewing.com/blog

I thought people on here may be interested in following along. Any comments or advice are welcome. This should be a wild ride!

-Pete

Where are you planning this awesomeness??

Soooo happy you are working on making a dream come true.

We are planning this awesomeness (nice word Bedlam) for the Virginia Beach area. Thanks everyone for the support!!

I hope it works out well for you guys and of course I am envious as hell. I feel like the almost brave guy, watching the others slowly creep forward, one by one, to take on the big fearsome dragon of going into business... absorbing as much information as I possibly can before its my turn to step out there and take a swing.

Oh, and as for the "OH" sentiments on the blog, last time I was in Va Beach I was wearing my Ohio U shirt, and had someone shout "OH" at me, so you should feel at home! Of course, I just looked at the guy and proclaimed that I'm a Bobcat. He was stunned :)

Right on! I'm doing pretty much the same thing, hoping to open 2/1/14 - hit me up if you want to talk numbers, etc. (I'm in OR so we're certainly not competitors).

Good luck!

JLP - things are going well. Our next blog post will have some updates of what we've been up to. The short version is planning, talking to brewery owners, researching, and of course brewing.

TwoJays - haha I'm glad to hear we'll have some fellow buckeyes stopping by. Thanks for wishing us luck. We are pumped as hell to be actually moving forward with this!

Balanced_brew - I'm always down to talk with a fellow brewer.

Latest posts

Back