Start all grain and LHBS is closing, dang

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saunassa

One Life Brewing #lifeistooshortforcrappybeer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here I am, just getting into whole grain and the home brew store I frequent in the twin cities is closing. Maybe it is a good thing I don't live closer or my office would fill with grain bags and maybe a conical would sneak in

I suppose, they were in business over 30 years and had good deals on kits and supplies and always seemed busy but maybe not quite enough.
They say everything must go and everything discounted. Man if I had the cash to buy an all in one or mash and boil... In-store sales only now.

They just can’t compete with the online stores.
That is true on some items. It is great to have a decent LHBS— you know the grains are fairly fresh, you aren’t spending hours on lines searching for free shipping / best prices etc. Sometimes I just need a little thing and I don’t have to buy more to make it worthwhile (shipping again)

Bummer OP. You can still do fine with all grain and online stores, you just have to have a good plan and keep stuff you might want/need handy.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-get-from-your-lhbs-today.666509/

Back