star san problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radler

Reaction score
After brewing two weeks ago, I could not clean everything up right away and left hoses and spoons in star san solution. Upon taking them out yeterday I noticed the spoon (previously white) was now almost green where it had ben in solution. The hose has a bit of a cloudy color inside. Have I destroyed these things, are they cleanable, or is the color not really bad and won't affect anything seeing as how Star san ends up in some concentrations in the beer anyway? I'm just rying to avoid buying new stuff if it's not necessary. Thanks.

I've said this before, dump Star San on your weeds outside and they'll be dead in two days (burnt, brown, dead). No microrganisms are going to live in a bottle or bucket using Star San. I doubt there is enough residue in a bottle to hurt a human inbibing beer, but it does hell on the lawn.

Back