St. Ambroise Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucepepper

Reaction score
I'm quite new to brewing and would like to try and brew something that is as close as possible to my favourite APA. If any of you are familiar with St. Ambroise Pale Ale and have some advice on how to brew something that may be close to it, please let me know. I'm still brewing using extract, hop pellets and specialty grains. (I've only used crystal malt) Thanks.

Never tried St Ambroise Pale Ale. Is it an APA? if so and nobody else chimes in with a good clone recipe just find a recipe for the same style. then the next time you can tweak it by taste to get it closer to your favorite brew. change little things like adding more or less hops and changing the specialty malts etc. The forum is really knowledgable though, so I'm guessing someone will chime in with a clone recipe or at least someone that has tried the brew will have advice on how to get close to the taste of it.

I realy like this beer, high IBU not extreme but high. For the hops used, I'm pretty sure they use cascade for the boil and willamette for the finish but I could be wrong. This ale is realy gold and clear so I recommend a low LVB cristal for an extract recipe.

Latest posts

Back