Spiced cider/Black Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michgan241

Reaction score
So i am a first time brewer and i was planning on following the caramel apple cider recipe of upstate mikes, but i've been struck with the sudden urge to play around with a drink ive loved since i was a kid.

Taking about one half spiced/mulled apple cider and mixing it with black tea. They used to have a snapple variety of this i would drink by the gallon. Now im wondering is it possible to do with this with a still cider and steeping black tea, cloves, cinnamon sticks, maybe ginger in there to get a similar flavor?

Now as a first time brewer im probably better off making this as small of a batch as i can so i was thinking maybe bottle all but a 6 or 12 pack normal to the apple cider recipe then going still in a growler or something with the steeped stuff.

suggestions? tips?

Look at Graham's Pub CIder--he adds black tea to the primary with a little lime juice. Maybe you're wanting a less subtle effect, because his comes out tasting like a REALLY good dry cider. If you want to taste the tea more, use more.

Latest posts

Back