South Central Pa. Brew Day 5/31

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imasickboy, davefj40, pava, and Harrison, if you're lurking about,
It was super nice to meet you guys and I'm looking forward to meeting with you all again soon.
Evets,

I had a great time yesterday and glad you put this together. My Hennepin clone and Wit are fermenting away very actively downstairs right now. As I mentioned yesterday evening I'm having a pig roast towards the end of Sept at my place here North of York. All the HBT members as well as the Lancaster Homebrewers club is welcome to attend. All I ask is that everyone brings a covered dish and of course some homebrew or good micros. Last year was the only year my neighbors and I did not have a pig roast in 14 years. Time to revive the tradition and it is always a great time. I'll let people know the exact date in the next few weeks.

hey Warrior, i'm alway's down for a pig roast. i should have something to bring beer wise by then. Evet's, thanks for having this. sometime i will have one at my house, i have a nice barn we can brew inside in case of bad weather :)

i'm hoping i'll be brewing this weekend if all goes well. had to put a 24' pool in for the wife's family this morning. i'm the only handy guy in the whole extended family.

dave

hey Warrior, i'm alway's down for a pig roast. i should have something to bring beer wise by then. Evet's, thanks for having this. sometime i will have one at my house, i have a nice barn we can brew inside in case of bad weather :)

i'm hoping i'll be brewing this weekend if all goes well. had to put a 24' pool in for the wife's family this morning. i'm the only handy guy in the whole extended family.

dave
I guess that makes you quite popular with the family, not to mention keeps you busy!

Sorry I couldn't make it as mentioned. It pains me to read how fun it sounds from the above from Warrior's post...

I'm back in Altoona already, again... Boooooooooooooooooooooo.

Didn't get to brew my ESB Sunday either... Did you brew it Evets? This weekend is out too as I have two graduation parties to attend. Grr...

Yeah, I brewed it. Hit the numbers pretty much right on. The only thing is I think I forgot the whirlflock tab. It had been a long day by that time, if you know what I mean.:drunk:
I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Yeah, I brewed it. Hit the numbers pretty much right on. The only thing is I think I forgot the whirlflock tab. It had been a long day by that time, if you know what I mean.:drunk:
I'll try to get some pics up soon.
I forgot the Irish moss in both of my beers. The Wit does not really need it but the Saison could've, oh well I let it go longer in the secondary.

Evets,

I had a great time yesterday and glad you put this together. My Hennepin clone and Wit are fermenting away very actively downstairs right now. As I mentioned yesterday evening I'm having a pig roast towards the end of Sept at my place here North of York. All the HBT members as well as the Lancaster Homebrewers club is welcome to attend. All I ask is that everyone brings a covered dish and of course some homebrew or good micros. Last year was the only year my neighbors and I did not have a pig roast in 14 years. Time to revive the tradition and it is always a great time. I'll let people know the exact date in the next few weeks.
The beers are pretty much done fermenting now. That Ommegang yeast was an active and fast fermenter. It does put off some funky aromas when fermenting though, this is my first time making any Belgian style beers. I think my next will be a belgian dubbel on top of the Hennepin clone yeast slurry.

Latest posts

Back