Some questions on possible infected batches.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this last batch of beer I brewed was infected as the krausen that was forming didn't look right compared to other beers that used US-05 that I've brewed. This morning when I checked it again, the krausen seems to look normal, so I'm gonna let it ride out.

So, worst case scenario, if this had been an infected batch.......

1) What about the other fernentors full of beer in my chamber? Could they possibly become infected being within close proximity of the infected beer? Would it be wise to move them to another location, especially if their active fermentations have subsided??

2) Can the fermentor with the infected beer be saved?

On a side note, I tend to try to make my star san supply last. I'll make a 2.5-5 gallon supply and mix accordingly. This current supply I've had for about two months, so I may just dump it and mix a new batch of sanitizer. Couldn't hurt, and this near miss has gotten me thinking I probably should do it anyways.

Latest posts

Back