SOA Finale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimixdiver1

Reaction score
This series needed to come to an end. I think it was a good ending, great song (Come join the murder), the special effects at the end were bad though….

Your Thoughts?

The SE were a bit cheesy and I agree, it had to come to an end. I like when shows end when they should instead of dragging on and on. I assume those who have no watched it yet won't enter this thread (I know I stayed off social media until I could watch it myself), so hopefully I'm not spoiling it for anyone.

SPOILERS
I thought Jax going around and offing the "necessary" people was a good way to go. If there is ever some kind of spin off then the plans set in place by Jax can work...or they can write in some other violence that continues of course. The brazen way that he took those people out was kind of rad. It obviously suggested that he wouldn't survive in the end, but I thought he would go down by suicide by police.

The setup where he was to meet Mayhem was mildly lame to me. It was obvious what would happen because Chibs wasn't as distraught as he would have been. He flipped out finding out Jax had to meet Mayhem...no way he could have shot him.

Overall, they did a great job with the last few episodes. I would have hated if they just let Gemma run away and eventually off herself. That was a direction some people told me they would go. I was surprised that he killed Wayne. I do like that Wendy was brought back in and ended up with the kids. I guess that too was obvious, but it was a nice addition to the show.

It would have been nice to see them hit 100 episodes, that is always a great mark to leave at, but Sutter clearly didn't see the need for it. I never watched the Anarchy Afterword before, but I watched last night's and it was good to just hear about the show right down to the struggles with dialect. I first saw Charlie act in a movie set in London where his accent was not masked. As they showed various clips of SOA from the beginning, you can really hear his development throughout the years. Not to mention, you could really see how he grew as an actor. It was nice to see the other actors as well. It's a nice way to end a series if you ask me.

tl;dr, it was a pretty good end to a great series. I can't wait to see what Sutter does next.

I was happy with the ending. It really needed to end with his death, and Im glad he went out in a more dignified manor than being murdered or something. The series did an adequate job making you hate most of the characters by the end, which I think was the intent.

The only thing I wish they would have done was provided a short glimpse in the future. Show that the kids turn out okay, not following in their father's footsteps. Something like that. I know its not the focus of the show, but it is always a minor annoyance when you dont get to see what happens to the remaining characters.

I was happy with the ending. It really needed to end with his death, and Im glad he went out in a more dignified manor than being murdered or something. The series did an adequate job making you hate most of the characters by the end, which I think was the intent.

The only thing I wish they would have done was provided a short glimpse in the future. Show that the kids turn out okay, not following in their father's footsteps. Something like that. I know its not the focus of the show, but it is always a minor annoyance when you dont get to see what happens to the remaining characters.

I think they left things open for a spin off of sorts. Able has the "son" ring for one...that seems to foreshadow something. I don't know though.

I think they left things open for a spin off of sorts. Able has the "son" ring for one...that seems to foreshadow something. I don't know though.

One of the reasons I wanted to wrap it up... I agree, I think it was intended to foreshadow, or at least be a "You can never escape the sins of your father" kind of thing.

Back