So, Who's your Heisman pick? go Suh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBRunner

Reaction score
He would be the first defensive player to win if I remember right......

I would love to see him or Ingram win....

Who do you want to win?

Tearful Tebow?

Mr. McCoy?

If it truly went to the best player in college football, Suh would walk away with it.

He wouldn't be the first defensive player though, Charles Woodson won it in '97 (I think that was the year...).

dude from alabama should get it, however, mccoy was a beast this year, one poor decision that the refs made right shouldn't ruin it for him imo.

Mark Ingram should not get the Heisman. He wasn’t the MVP of the Alabama Auburn game...in fact 30 yards on 16 carries. When they were down in the closing seconds who did they turn to, Greg McElroy and Julio Jones, not Mark Ingram. Alabama fans are calling their last drive "The Drive" and Mark Ingram had no part in it. Their defining moment and the Heisman candidate is sitting on the bench. He wasn’t the MVP of the SEC Championship Game. While I am not going to say that he didn’t have a good season he shouldn’t get the Heisman

Alabama is much more about a really strong defense than a really strong offence.

McCoy should win it, but he won't because of the Big 12 game.
So I would have to say if not McCoy then Suh cause he's a beast.

I agree with Suh. Beast. He controls the game from his position. How many other defensive players can say that? Plus, it would be a nice change of pace to see someone other than a QB win it. I know, I know, Reggie Bush in 2003. Still.

Mark Ingram should not get the Heisman. He wasn’t the MVP of the Alabama Auburn game...in fact 30 yards on 16 carries. When they were down in the closing seconds who did they turn to, Greg McElroy and Julio Jones, not Mark Ingram. Alabama fans are calling their last drive "The Drive" and Mark Ingram had no part in it. Their defining moment and the Heisman candidate is sitting on the bench. He wasn’t the MVP of the SEC Championship Game. While I am not going to say that he didn’t have a good season he shouldn’t get the Heisman

Alabama is much more about a really strong defense than a really strong offence.

What about that 70 yard screen pass run in the SEC Championship game? Do you not count the yards when running back takes a screen and goes downfield?

113 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. Is that bad?

In that case, get rid of half of McCoy's stats for passes and TD's.....

Ingram first, because I'm a Bama fan..

But I would , (cough, cough) like to see Suh win.......

What about that 70 yard screen pass run in the SEC Championship game? Do you not count the yards when running back takes a screen and goes downfield?

113 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. Is that bad?

In that case, get rid of half of McCoy's stats for passes and TD's.....

Ingram first, because I'm a Bama fan..

But I would , (cough, cough) like to see Suh win.......

I did not say he had a bad game, but if his game was so good then why was he not named the MVP of the game.

Yes you do count those yards. It's called receiving yards.

I'm an Auburn student and fan, but I would vote Ingram above anyone else. Given, I don't keep up with much of the Big 12, and I'm also a huge SEC fan. I still think Ingram deserves it.

Well, I don't even remember who was the MVP.....I'll have to check....but anyway, I would like to see Ingram win it, because there were no other standouts this year.....

Gearheart ( I can't spell his name so that takes points off) had a good year but did not play any good defense....If he had, he would be a hands down choice.....

Tebow....hahahhaahha...........no

Ingram........Yes.........

Suh.......Yes......

Where was Mt. Cody in this for defense......he blocked 2 potential game winning FG's, and has to be continuously double or triple teamed......

*********** I just Checked McElroy was the MVP of the SEC Championship game...........*********

In general I like to see non-quarterbacks win....so I would have to go for Ingram or Suh.
Seeing a defensive player win is even better....

Proof positive that the Heisman ain't what it used to be...... Ingram faced ONE top (40) rush defense all year and might not even be the best player on his team.

Proof positive that the Heisman ain't what it used to be...... Ingram faced ONE top (40) rush defense all year and might not even be the best player on his team.

wow, and you're in Alabama??? I figured you'd be happy!

I thought it would come down to Suh, Ingram, and McCoy.

I was really surprised that Gerhart go that many votes.....

I'll say it: Suh is the most overrated candidate this year. Just look at the schedule Nebraska lined up (as per usual). He played most of his games against terrible Divsion I or Division II teams (I mean, really, Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, and Louisiana-Lafayette?) and the weakest Big 12 in a decade. Strength of schedule must count for something.

I'll say it: Suh is the most overrated candidate this year. Just look at the schedule Nebraska lined up (as per usual). He played most of his games against terrible Divsion I or Division II teams (I mean, really, Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, and Louisiana-Lafayette?) and the weakest Big 12 in a decade. Strength of schedule must count for something.

okay, their schedule sucked - but did you see what he did againt Texas????

More tackles for loss overall than texas had all year, twice as many sacks personally as texas allowed.

Great player - deserving of consideration for the award, but not deserving of winning the award.

Suh is by far the most talented player of the bunch. Let's see who gets drafted into the NFL first. I bet Suh will be the overall number one pick.

This coming from a Colorado fan...

Back