So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On deck: 10 gallons of my house IPA variant. I have a lot of hops I have to burn through in order to make room for this year's hop harvest, especially my Nugget hops. 24 Oz of homegrown Nugget, Zeus, Chinook, and Cascade hops in this split-batch bad boy! It's going to be like like hop soup. I just bought my 50 lb sack yesterday and measured out my grain bill this morning.

Saturday is also supposed to be hot. Like unbearable hot. This will be an early morning brew day. I'm thinking a 4am start time to finish before noon.

Pils with premiant and saaz right now...even though it is like 90 degrees out, I have a big old german lager yeast cake available. A much more seasonable Saison this weekend with hibiscus.

Brewing another Hop Hands clone today. Subbing Mosaic for Simcoe and praying my first batch of washed yeast from a month ago is up to the task.

Just finished a simple Mosaic pale ale. Man, this stuff smells good! Had to start super early to beat the heat and the oppressive humidity.

Brewing a Tank 7 clone with almost all new equipment. First time all SD kettles. Fingers crossed I don't overshoot the grain bill too much. Don't need 10% saison

A nice alt. With a medley of 2-row, munch, 40 and 80 l crystal, dextrin and flaked barley. Garnished with Hallertau and Saaz, in a bisque of Bavarian Wyeast.

Ran out of energy... brew day Tuesday probably. Weeded garden for 2 hours, pounded in 6 more tomato stakes and tied up tomatoes to the new and existing stakes so they grow up instead of sprawl all over the garden. 2 of the ones I tied up 2 weeks ago are 5 feet tall! After super I had to process 8 pounds of strawberries into strawberry syrup(chunky style) for ice cream, on waffles etc. Ended with 16 half pints of that. Very muggy day again and the heat and humidity did me in!

The long anticipated Russian Imperial Stout brewday is coming up, probably Friday. I have all the ingredients on hand, just have to get the yeast starter going and grind - manually, on a Corona Mill, God help me. I'll probably try to partigyle it as well, going to be a long day but I can't wait!

The long anticipated Russian Imperial Stout brewday is coming up, probably Friday. I have all the ingredients on hand, just have to get the yeast starter going and grind - manually, on a Corona Mill, God help me. I'll probably try to partigyle it as well, going to be a long day but I can't wait!

Long day brewing is better then a short work day!

Have all to brew an over-the-top Raspberry Saison since standing in line for 3hrs in 100F at Jester King for their new release wasn't my thing. Calculated if one was to buy 5gallons of it, one would spend $800+tax..good grief. Mine? $45 or $65 depending on raspberry outcome..

Brewing my house IPA that my neighbor and family requested I brew tomorrow. It should be a beautiful day and one 11 gallon batch coming up! :D

Just finished brewing an Oatmeal Stout for a buddy's birthday. Hit my preboil numbers but undershot my post boil numbers. Had a 1/2 gallon left in the kettle......hmm, gotta check my volumes. Such is life, good beer on the way, regardless.

Brewing a SN Torpedo Clone with my father in law this weekend. He's interested is seeing the BIAB setup I've migrated to and it's his favorite craft beer.

Mashed in a batch of Centennial Blonde a bit ago. Needed a quick, light beer for my house tap. (House tap during TX summer = light, crisp beers)

Last night I brewed up my latest iteration of a cream ale/pre-pro fermented as ale at ale temperatures because it's just too difficult to ferment lager in the summer.

4 lbs. pale malt
1 lbs. Vienna malt
.25 lbs. cara-Munich
2 lbs. flaked corn
1 oz hallertau
1 oz tettnang.

Should be a nice mower beer in about 2 weeks. Came in at 1.040. This is my third attempt this summer. Keep tweaking this to taste.

Getting geared up to go brew a Cream Ale. It's will be my first partial mash. I've only ever done all extract and steeping specialty grain type brews before so this is a step up! :D

Getting geared up to go brew a Cream Ale. It's will be my first partial mash. I've only ever done all extract and steeping specialty grain type brews before so this is a step up! :D

Good luck to you friend. I also brewed a Cream Ale this weekend. I hope both our beers turn out well!

Just finished the clean up after my Rochefort 6 insipred brew.
Had a first world problem here today; looking for an OG of 1.074 and got 1.080.
I am a terrible brewer! Whatever shall I do?

Currently mashing for a 3 gallon batch of Choco/Coffee Stout for the family Thanksgiving fest...

I would love to brew my California Common this weekend! I hope 'life' doesn't get in the way...

The grains are ground and waiting, and a starter will be done beginning late Friday.

Wooooooooo!!!

Doing Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer. I've always wanted to make that, so why the heck not right now?

I've got 10 gallons of an American lager I'm kegging this weekend, so I'll have a bunch of fresh yeast I could re-pitch into a new batch. I'm judging a homebrew competition all day Saturday, and my birthday party is Saturday night, so if I don't over-imbibe and can drag my butt out of bed early enough on Sunday, I may cook up 10 more gallons of the lager and re-up the yeast with some fresh wort.

I work 40 hours across friday, saturday and sunday so I am Brewing a spelt saison on monday. First time using spelt curious to taste the results.

Back