So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am bottling tomorrow. Brewing Saturday before football starts. And brewing on Monday. Man, I am glad for football and a 3 day weekend!!!!

I'm planning to brew 2, 5 gallon batches Friday Saturday and Sunday. Yoopers oatmeal stout, Biermunchers CB, Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale, Charlie's Good Life Pale Ale as written and one modified. Still looking for the last recipe.

Getting my recipe together, but I'm shooting for a hoppy Mosaic Saison. Mo'Saison.

Me too! Simple grain bill for mine. Mostly Pilsner, a lb of wheat for body/head (that's what she said), and a little bit of carapils for color. Shooting for 7% abv breaking in a new mash tun. Been way too long since I have brewed. Time to build up the pipeline for fall

Hoping to. I need my pumps back from a friend and I need to outfit all my new hardware and HERMs coil. Hoping I can do that Saturday before work and Sunday morning. Then I'll brew another IPA.

Hopefully putting my kegerator together, kegging my watermelon wheat and brewing mysticmead's Irish red

Brewing Jamil Z's "Black Scapular Dubbel." Gonna let that one sit until Thanksgiving or Christmas or so.

I'm brewing up a single-hopped pale ale, with Legacy hops that still smell amazing even though they've been in my freezer for a year and a half. Vacuum sealing and cold temps apparently are the right way to treat hops.

The boil is under way with the first hop addition. And boy is it steamy outside.

Brewing a stout with my own addition of pumpkin spice, pretty excited haven't brewed a pumpkin beer yet. The key for me is not to over do the pumpkin. I want the pumpkin taste to be subtle.

Just made the trip to my parents house in maine to harvest my hops- gonna brew with them on Monday if all goes to plan

After a long summer and only a couple brew days I have finally found a free moment to brew. Got a chocolate milk stout and a belgian dubbel put together for Sunday.. I have a radical red to keg today and wash a couple big mouth bubblers. This weekend will be my first brew in big mouth. Moved up from plastic carboys... lots to do this weekend. After work today I have to mow my yard.. it's been 2 weeks it's a forrest. Clean keg for radical red and keg it.. clean fermenter. Make 2 yeast starters. Tonorrow get up at the ass crack of dawn throw 2 racks of spare ribs on smoker and fire up the brewry. 2 five gallon ag batches. Monday get my rv park ready for winter... long weekend but I'm ready to brew.. yee yee cheers

SOOOO....many plans, then an application just crashed on my support weekend. Crap.

- Repeat and IPA with different hops
- Use up some german hops into something like a mild or alt
- Transfer a barleywine into glass carboy for storage
- Bottle a JOAM

Let's see if we can troubleshoot this *****.

The plan is to try to get in 2 brews on Monday. (I don't get weekends off.) The plan is to brew my favorite IIPA recipe and a maple bourbon barrel stout. We'll see how that goes...

Brewing a honey kolsch tonight with pilsner, wheat, and honey malts, along with 1/2 lb of honey in the boil. Using a batch of WLP029 recycled from my Turkeyfest Ale, a festival beer that's a one of a kind.

Bottled an all-Amarillo Blond as well. Tasted awesome out of the bucket. Looking forward to the carb in a week or so.

BTW - have any of you tried the Sierra Nevada Harvest with newly developed hops only? OMG - unbelievably good.

Cheers!

:ban:

I'm brewing batch #5 on Monday. A 12 gallon batch of Zombie Dust clone that I'll split into two fermenters for separate dry hops and yeasts. Haven't brewed in 4.5 months so I hope I'm not too rusty.

Got up before dawn today to brew 5 gallons of porter! There's something special about being finished brewing before 11am, though the rain has put a damper on the yardwork I had planned. Still, it's nice to be done heating strike/mash out/sparge water in the kitchen before the wife is even up!

gonna brew an imperial red on Labor day in honor of... my labor. and everyone else's labor. will be a partygyle brew day, my first. good luck to me.

Everybody is so ambitious with the double decoctions and exoctic recipes. Good on ya!

Today I'm just looking to plug an empty spot in my taplist - a BCS American Amber. It's a house favorite/crowd pleaser and a pretty straightforward brew with a simple hop schedule. I'll brew 10 gallons though, so that'll fill two kegs to last for a while.

Once that's in the fermenter, I can focus on brewing something for a friend's birthday in November, and then maybe something close to my heart - like a Black IPA.

Last edited:
I am brewing this afternoon once the honey does are done. Original kit I ever did from more beer. Frenzy's left coast pale.

Our faithful family dog passed away yesterday. He was a German Shepherd named Dante, so I figured I would make a German summer beer in his memory today.

Noble Old Man D's Honey Hefeweizen.

Our faithful family dog passed away yesterday. He was a German Shepherd named Dante, so I figured I would make a German summer beer in his memory today.

Noble Old Man D's Honey Hefeweizen.

I'm sorry to hear that. Good dogs well treated are family. I hope the beer brings you good memories of him.

I tried to squeeze a brew day in this weekend but was overruled by "you just brewed two weekends ago and your kid is being a brat". So now I'm taking next Monday off.... B2B 3-day weekends!

Planning to make a to-style German Pilsner. Can't wait to drink it in 2 months.

Yesterday brewed my entry for Cigar City Pilot This contest and made a hopped cider. Today did a brown ale and partigyled it so also made a saison.

20 gallons in 2 days in 90*F heat - I am worn out, but my ferm chamber is happy.

It'll be at least this Thursday before it cools off to more September-like weather around here. Then I got an English Ordinary bitter to brew so I can make a gallon of malt vinegar. Then A hot pepper IIPA, if I can get some peppers?...

I hear ya, unionrdr. I was planning on brewing but the temps were just too damn high.

2c5ffaf19dcfc841d5a22d6e42ac594a5174818b6c09fc77505fc3b49302ec04.jpg

So, I ended up brewing my pumpkin ale this weekend and it was a near abortion. Much like the guy in another thread I had the hose between my false bottom and ball valve come off mid-mash. I managed to drain the mash tun pretty well despite the missing false bottom (rice hulls made themselves into a really good filter, I guess) and it ONLY took 2 hours to drain. Then I emptied out the grain into a five gallon bucket, cleaned out my mash tun and reassembled the hose, dumped the grain back in, and batch sparged which ONLY took another hour to drain.

This was probably my last pumpkin beer with the pumpkin in the mash because this is a bit ridiculous.

I finally got my 11lbs of grains, 18ozs of hops & 2 packets of yeast today that should've been here Friday. Just got through putting everything away. Also got three silicon drier packets in some camera stuff that I tossed into the grain dunnage. So if it cools down, it's on!

I really want to do a partigyle brew day, this combination has my interest.

Have actually been researching splitting the batch at several different points in the brew day. It seems if you could start with a big enough batch you could make several drastically different beers.

Back