So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking I am going to break my brewing-fast for the year (I havent brewed since October/November, sad I know) with a SMASH comparison. A smaller batch/stovetop 2-Row, MO, and Optic comparison using some of my leftover last year Cascades, Amarillo, or Simcoe or something and the grains I got in a recent buy.
That and maybe a 10 G batch of an IPA of some sort, or another stout if my remaining keg of it is not good still.

Todays task is to refill my CO2 tank, buy the last parts for my keg/lines/fermentor cleaner, and pick up the remaining ingredients for this weekends brew(s).
Then there is thawing out that pork butt and get it ready for smoking something this weekend.

My dad left me his brew stand, so I figure it's time to dust off the brewing cobwebs and brew again for the first time in 2.5 years. I'm gonna use his wit recipe and call it Dad's Wit. I figure it's a good way to get back into the swing of things and pay homage to the man. He loved beer and loved brewing. It was one of the few things we both enjoyed. Sunday I'll toast the old man, fire up his rig, and make him a beer.

Picked up my hops and grains for an IPA brew day on Saturday. Sunday is one of the last ski days for this year, so I need to get this done Saturday. Yeast is on the stir plate :)

Planning to brew a 10 gallon batch of saison on Sunday with a bit of rye, wheat, oats and I'm going to try out Wai-iti hops for a citrusy taste.

My dad left me his brew stand, so I figure it's time to dust off the brewing cobwebs and brew again for the first time in 2.5 years. I'm gonna use his wit recipe and call it Dad's Wit. I figure it's a good way to get back into the swing of things and pay homage to the man. He loved beer and loved brewing. It was one of the few things we both enjoyed. Sunday I'll toast the old man, fire up his rig, and make him a beer.

Best post I've seen in a long time!!!!

I can understand that and think making your Dad's Wit will be one of the best ways to get back in the swing.
Enjoy the brew day and the memories. Just finish brewing a wit today had a snow day and took full advantage of it.

I am brewing a Maibock this weekend. A first for me: I plan to use the yeast from a previous batch.

I'm brewing a Yooper recipe today and another on Monday-four day weekend at my house---Have Weihenstephaner Dunkel Clone on tap but it's not gonna last till Monday no way

I have to take this weekend off from brewing. Have a skit trip planned for Sunday and visiting friends on Saturday. That and I have a back up in my equipment. I have 4 beers either in primary or in secondary. The primary beers need to transfer but I have nothing to transfer them too! I need more carboys!

I'm doing a Dusseldorf Altbier first thing tomorrow morning. This will be my first time using the Therminator for an AG batch. I figure with the plate chiller and batch sparging, I should cut a substantial amount of time off the brewday.

It's also my first time building a starter from a slant. It appears to have been a smashing success (so far, at least). After 5 days of various step-ups, I have a nice thick layer of slurry at the bottom of my Erlenmeyer all ready to go tomorrow.

Picked up my hops and grains for an IPA brew day on Saturday. Sunday is one of the last ski days for this year, so I need to get this done Saturday. Yeast is on the stir plate :)

It was so nice that I ended up brewing this recipe today :) Now I have time to brew another tomorrow!

I am doing an experiment with Stovetop BIAB (20+ years as a 3-tier, 10 gallon guy). Doing one of my house beers...a dark mild/Black IPA'ish beer.

Did a water test today and my biggest issue is avoiding over-confidence. I am so comfortable with my process that I have forgotten how nerve racking waiting for the boil-over can be.

1.047 OG, 50 IBU's, 25 SRM...should be fun.

OK, so now that I've Kegged my maple brown last weekend i have a empty carboy so I'm planing to do another batch of Brandon O's Graf..... Stuff is amazing!!!! :rockin:

20150228_155434.jpg

20150217_113247.jpg

OK, so now that I've Kegged my maple brown last weekend i have a empty carboy so I'm planing to do another batch of Brandon O's Graf..... Stuff is amazing!!!! :rockin:

Attractive lineup. Do you shield them from light when not being photographed? Or am I just overly paranoid about skunking?

My first attempt at a Hefeweizen Tomm. Not worried about hitting the numbers but more focused on making sure the ferm temps stay in the right range. My basements great for IPAs and apa's but this will b a def trial on using such a picky yeast for the first time. I'm using wlp 300 hefe yeast since my lhbs didn't have the wyeast weinstephaner. Used wlp500 for a Belgian ipa and that turned out great but I think that yeast is a little more forgivable temp wise. Either way brewing Tomm and I'm excited.

I haven't brewed in months. Planning to make an AG IPA on Saturday.

Heck yeah it's supposed to be around if not in the 40's here. Do it. Lol this cold weather can't leave soon enough and looks like we may b in the clear.

No brewing, but bottling 6 gallons of Columbus IPA. Can't wait to try it in a few weeks. :mug:

This is the clearest beer I have made to date, used whirlfloc & gelatin along with cold crashing for a week, YES, its got to be good.:rockin:

I can't believe it - I'm sitting outside in the sunshine with no coat as my Dusseldorf Altbier is boiling away and I'm watching the massive snow piles shrink. Love it.

Got inspired after skiing this morning to brew an IPA that I came up with after looking through my ingredients.

3 gallon BIAB. Mashed in the oven set to 165 (mash temp 150).

5.5# 2 row
.5# Vienna

.25oz Amarillo @ 60
.25oz Amarillo @ 30
.25oz Amarillo @ 15
.5oz Amarillo @ flameout

US05

.5oz Centennial dry hop at 7 days for 5 days

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425760382.128580.jpg

About half way through the boil of a hefe. Sitting in the garage and not freezing my arse off for the first time in months. Beautiful day to brew.

I can't believe it - I'm sitting outside in the sunshine with no coat as my Dusseldorf Altbier is boiling away and I'm watching the massive snow piles shrink. Love it.

I hear ya. I'm in the garage but it's a heatwave here in mich. 48 deg right now. Love it.

Rehydrating yeast (Notty) for a 10g batch of Centennial Blonde. Was a pretty good brew day, I was a little high on my numbers, but overall no hiccups.

This is my first batch using the FTSs for the 7 gal SS brewtech conical. So far I'm fairly impressed. It brought my wort down the last 15 degrees with ease. Cool stuff, wish I had 2! :rockin:

Sort of counts as the weekend since it was a snow day... i brewed 3 gallons of my Vernal EquiHops IPA. Just used all the hops in my freezer, like ive done every year, from past brews. Amarillo, Magnum, Liberty, centennial and mosaic. Im looking forward to this one!

Back